Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2004, 03:38 AM   #1
imported_Lord_Nightwalker
Welcomed New User

After I've slain brother Poquelin in Lower Dorn, I get the movie where the party returns to Easthaven. After the movie the game returns to active control, but I can do nothing. The game states 'Paused for movie'. And there is nothing I can do. I've already tried to clear the game cache and disabling active anti-virus software, as I've found on the web somewhere, but it didn't work. Since Interplay and Black Isle seem to be offline due to recent problems, I don't know what can solve the problem. Does anyone have an idea?
imported_Lord_Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:23 AM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

What you have is a common bug that is fixable by downloading and installing a patch.

You can get patches here - http://archive.gamespy.com/games/871.shtml

You could also check out downloads.com; they have some patches specific to the British version of the game.

There's a thread in this forum entitled "IWD mod list" (or something of the sort) that has tons of useful information on the versions and patches of IWD, mods, and the installation order.

The simplified version is this:

1) Icewind Dale (original version) use the v.1.06 patch
2) IWD with Heart of Winter (known as HoW) - download the free Trials of the Luremaster expansion; it includes the v.1.41 patch for HoW

Only use the patch for the version you have.

And WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!! Hope you stick around. If you have any questions on IWD, this is the place to get info. There's people here who have finished it 10+ times and know the game inside and out.

[ 07-11-2004, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 07-11-2004, 12:55 PM   #3
imported_Lord_Nightwalker
Welcomed New User

I already have tried it with the 1.06 patch but it didn't work either. I've just tried it again. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and then applied the path, but no show.
imported_Lord_Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:20 PM   #4
Aerich
Lord Ao

Hmm. Give this a try.

When you re-install, clean out the cache as well. I think that the "attributes" (monsters, items, AND bugs) are set as soon as you enter an area (e.g. pass through the autosave screen). In that case, if you're trying to use your last savegame, the bug may stay active, even though you have the correct patch. Try loading up your autosave from the area right before you encounter Poquelin, or even go back to an earlier savegame.

Just to cover all the bases - you did get the right patch for your version, right? I've heard that the UK patch and the American patch are different, and the UK patch corrects a few problems specific to its version.

If you want more experienced opinions than my own, try a search for "patch" on this forum. I recall seeing a fair bit about the problem you have, but I've not had it myself. There's several threads about that bug, especially in the earliest sections of the forum.

Let us know if you can/can't manage to get it up and running.

[ 07-12-2004, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 07-12-2004, 03:10 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Make sure that you are applying the correct patch for either IWD or HOW, depending on your installation ala Aerich's instructions. Using the HOW patch for an IWD only installation or an IWD path for an installation which includes HOW will cause serious problems. Also make sure you install any patch(s) in the correct order.

One other possible solution IF you have a high speed connection is to download the TOLM expansion. This was a freebie expansion provided by BlackIsle and contains the latest patches - HOWEVER it REQUIRES that HOW be installed. Do NOT try installing TOLM without an HOW installation!

Unfortunately, with BOTH BLACK ISLE and Interplay out of business, any tech support for problems such as these is non-existent, EXCEPT for forums such as Ironworks!

I did a search for you on this (search under POQUELIN), and it appears that you have an IWD installlation only. If so, here's a potential fix:

Move the CONTENTS of the OVERRIDE folder to a temporary file (don't delete the folder! just move the contents to some temporary folder where you won't lose them) before the battle and then replace it after you are transported.

Installation of the HOW expansion fixes this problem.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote