Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2003, 02:37 PM   #1
Big_Daddy02
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just like to let all those that helped me with the Black Dragon thanks for all you're help. Now I got another situation with Irenicus in hell. Im ready to face him and no matter what I do Arie gets killed and shes my best mage. Could anyone give me some pointers on how to kill that Ass for the second time. Thanks again for all you're help.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:41 PM   #2
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

With or without Tactics Mod ?
What's you party, levels ?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Is this Improved Irenicus or standard Jon Boy? What is your party and levels?

ADD]Leslie beat me for 2 seconds.

[ 09-08-2003, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:45 PM   #4
Devv
The Magister

I always found summoning Nishiru or Hakeshar worked nice without the tactics mod. Might sound very simple, but Irenicus just keeps casting all his spells on the magic resistant Nishiru whilst Nish drains them away and does him physical damage. I don't play the tactics mod at the moment so I don't know what he does in it.
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:12 PM   #5
Big_Daddy02
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im playing the regular JOn I believe. Ive installed both BG2 and throne of Bhal on here thats all ive done to the game.I am a Ranger level 15, Minsc is 15 as well. Anomen cleric level 14 fighter is 7. Imoen mage is 14, thief 7. Jaheira fighter 12, druid 13. Aerie cleric 12,mage is 12 as well.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:25 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy02:
Im playing the regular JOn I believe. Ive installed both BG2 and throne of Bhal on here thats all ive done to the game.I am a Ranger level 15, Minsc is 15 as well. Anomen cleric level 14 fighter is 7. Imoen mage is 14, thief 7. Jaheira fighter 12, druid 13. Aerie cleric 12,mage is 12 as well.
I also suggest that you summon Nishruu. Haste your fighters and cast Resist Fear. Those Demons will probably cast Demon Fear so that is the reason why. Also when you are (Improved) Hasted attack one demon with all fighters. Keep summon to distract Jon Boy and his minions.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:25 PM   #7
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy02:
OMG! you're really rushing through the game right...this party is quite low level into the final battle. well, since you're already in hell, summoning Nishiru or Hakeshar won't help that much.

still need to summon though, but you cannot summon Skeleton Warrior yet, Imone should be able to summon Mordenkainen's Sword.

buy as many mordenskainen's sword scrolls and other higher lvl summons as possible (cast them from quick item slots) and cast five (the max. amount) of them before the fight. Haste and protection from evil for everyone, with true sight ready. When the fight breaks out, focus on Irencius-slayer, letting summons to hold his goons.

since I've never gone into the final battle with this kind of lower lvl party, I don't know whether the tactic will work.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:52 PM   #8
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

You need either +2 or +3 weapons on all of your guys. Aerie can cast Bolt of Glory, or something like that- it does quite a bit of damage to demons. If you can, split up your party, and deal with them that way, 1 on 1.

Imoen can tank Jon with a good Protection from Magical Weapons, and there's only 3 demons (I think- it's been a long time since I've played normal Jonnie). Minsc and you take on one, Jaheira takes one by her lonesome, and ditto Anomen. Minsc and you should finish up the demon pretty quickly, and help out Anomen, then they all help out Jaheira. Greater Restoration, if Anomen has it, will help immensely. The reason why Jaheira and Anomen are alone are because they have the ability to cast spells, which will greatly aid their survivability. Jaheira has the ability to cast Iron Skins, which is one of the best tanking spells avialable. If you use Imoen to keep, every 3 rounds, keep casting Protection from Magical Weapons, Jon should go down. Keep Aerie away, and maybe even run her away if they keep on targetting her- if they're running after her, they can't attack you, and you can cut them to piecemeal.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote