Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2003, 02:16 PM   #21
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I have Siemens A50 as shown below.. I think Nokia's are more user friendly though. If they would only fit to students wallet.

[ 04-24-2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: NiceWorg ]
Old 04-24-2003, 02:17 PM   #22
quietman1920

I have an old fashioned Star-Tac. It works...but I really only ever use it if there's an emergency or if I'm to be late getting home. One time I missed my train and I called my wife to say I'd be on the such-and-such train instead and to meet me at so-and-so station at 8pm. Unfortunately, I said this from the seat of the train itself (in an apparently empty car...with departure time 45 minutes away).

Three people (train-ragers...?)who had been lying on the seats sleeping got up to start yelling "Hangup That Phone! We don't want to hear your conversations! Don't you know that's RUDE???" It was then I dropped the phone and stood up to my Full height. All Three Immediately Paused. Which was My opening.

I turned to the biggest of the Jerks and said, 2 inches from his nose, "Do you have a problem, Moron???" All the blood drained from his face as he sat his flabby ass back into his seat. One look over at the other two had them in their seats too. I then took my seat, pulled out my lap-top & wrote some replies to some personal correspondance.

When I got home, I had more time to think about the situation. Sure, I could have kept them from hurting me. I probably could have physically ejected all three from the car (two I know I could have gotten a few bounces off the platform as well). But who would the conductor believe? Who would the cops believe? Sadly, I came to the conclusion that I couldn't risk it...and that I couldn't continue to train it with the Cell-Terrorists. I had to let the jerks win. The next day I made arrangements with a Parking Deck near my building and now I drive to work....
Old 04-24-2003, 09:03 PM   #23
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Nextel 2-way radio is better than any phone, and free on my plan [img]tongue.gif[/img]