Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 05:10 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

A great idea Moni, just wanted to keep it on the front page for more people to see it.

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 06-25-2001, 10:26 AM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well no need to worry kiwidoc! ill contact you when the problem arises.. again.

well dot hug me too much moni ill get all mushy!!!!!

and now ill make memncoh happy! sorry!

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 06-25-2001, 10:23 PM   #13
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i would just like to tell everyone that i suffer from what might be Manic Depression. at times, i am really hyper and happy. at others, i am just dead tired and angry, with a mean pain in my shoulder (this is at 4 P.M. and ive only been up for 4 hours!). if any of you know an online therapist that will treat(or diagnose) me for free, please feel free to tell me. i dont think a real therapist will help me cuz im underage, and cant afford to pay for a session.

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 06-27-2001, 02:30 PM   #14
Moni

You live with this pain daily or is it something that is just bothering you right now from an injury?
I'll look for links for you.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-27-2001, 02:42 PM   #15
Moni

Psychotherapy Online
One-to-one psychotherapy, with Walter Logeman via email
Server errors keeping me from posting much-per-post.

------------------

Old 06-27-2001, 02:45 PM   #16
Moni

Professional Psychotherapy Online
Professional Counseling, Transpersonal Psychotherapy, Personal Life Coaching Online. Heal your Past Clarify your Present Empower your Future

Old 06-27-2001, 02:51 PM   #17
Moni

Headworks
Self-help Library, E-therapy, Mental Health Forum
Looks Friendly

Old 07-02-2001, 11:29 PM   #18
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I have come to an interesting conclusion, regarding this matter, which is interesting for me...

I would consider myself to be an empathic person, I always try to understand and help people when they are down, or upset. I don't do it for personal gain (although it often helps me out), I just do it... But a lot of the time, I try to take on other peoples problems. I have realised (or at least tried to) lately that there is only so much that I can do to help someone. And worrying about it is not going to make things better.
Most of the time when I get depressed, it is around the time of something big that has happened, or when a number of things happen at once. It is like a build up of stress, which just bursts at some time.

I don't think I am a manic Depressive, because I don't usually become depressed for no reason, but I certainly have difficulty dealing with certain things. I often just get really annoyed thinking about trivial things which I realise later, matter very little. It is not fun, and I am not a very good person to be around in these stages.

Just recently I have been having acupuncture theropy (ouch!), which stimulates nerves. One of the main causes of depression is thought to be a deficiency in the chemical "serotonin", and the acupuncture is supposed to (and has been proven to) increase the release of serotonin by stimulating neurotransmitters, which release the chemical.
It is estimated that 1 in 4 adolensents suffer from some form of depression, and the rate increases into middle age, where 1 in 3 people suffer from depression of some kind. It's pretty startling really, when you think about it. Most of the people who suffer from depression will go through their lives thinking that it is normal to feel flat all of the time, and to have intrusive thoughts and so on.

Moni has posted that URL of some good sites that might be able to help some of you, so check them out. I am not sure how this treatment I am getting is working, but I certainly feel a lot better, but maybe that is because I am on a high at the moment... we will see - sometimes its a bit like a roller coaster (get that Javi? )

------------------
"Watch your back"
Old 07-03-2001, 10:37 AM   #19
Conan

Moni, and all. I found this in the health section in todays newspaper.
Sorry everyone. It won't take it for some reason. Go to health section here and read "The Depression Virus, Mybe" washingtonpost.com ------------------
Conan

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 07-03-2001).]