Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 08:08 AM   #1
Tree
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've finished up the Stout Mines....and now have 2 choices.

3 of the outstanding quests I'm working on involve the Boogre Caves. On the other hand, I've got a couple of things to do regarding the Dragon Spire...Erzebette's (sp?) letter, kill the bronze fire beast..etc.

So, where should I go next?

Oh yes, another question....is it worth it to kill off the Stout King and raid the 3 other treasure chambers? I've got a game saved back at the end of the mine put aside just incase I want to go back to that point and try it out. Is the treasure worth it?

Some Observations thus far are:

Jathil (The wandering guy) follows you around the Dragon Spire area. Silly man kept showing up each time I dismounted to open a treasure chest while revealing all the paths to the west of the spire entrance.

When on the Toril-Dragon Arrow quest, it is possible to give him only 4 arrows at a time. All 6 of my chars had them, and I got to #4 before he stopped accepting the arrows. If you buy one or two back it makes more room, and he'll take the extras. And when you buy them from him, the prices range from $550, to $591, to $2,400, to $3,200! Do not be fooled, my friends. They're all the same arrow, so go for the least expensive. I have quite a bit of gold, so I thought I'd see what the $3,200 one was, and it came up the same as the cheap one. This is a nice feature, though. I was worried I wouldn't have one left for my ranger to begin copying...but being able to buy one back worked out great!

I guess that's it for now...have an adventuresome day!

Tree

------------------
Hey, dragons aren't that tough, I'm a MOM! LOL
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 08:19 AM   #2
Rolp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just to be nasty .. you can also steal them back! Just make sure you do a save first. The Stout treasure is worthwhile .. you get another set of Dragon Armour! This is the same case, do the quest, get the metal, kill off Rath?some-thing-or-other and loot the one you can, save, then kill 'em off.
Boogre next.. makes ya' tough enough for the dragon.... Rolp
Rolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 08:37 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Tree!!!

You're making great progress!!
Go for the Boogres Caves next unless you already have the spells Create Portal, Teleport and Call of Home. The path to Brimloch Roon is through the Spire and without these spells, it is a bit of a task to finish up Ishad N'ha area after the Spire and then head off to Brimloch.

Stout Treasure: Save your game and steal the key - no need to kill the king! Don't miss out on his secret room off of the audience room where you meet him - some good treasure there!!

Keep us posted!!!
Wyv

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 08:37 AM   #4
RostamTheGrey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ya, you should do Boogre next so that once you complete Dragon Spire you don't have to go back through it again.
RostamTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 08:48 AM   #5
Tree
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mornin' Wyv!

Thanks all....I thought I should probably go visit the Boogre's next, but you've confirmed it.

Ok, so start with the old save from the Stout mines....try to pickpocket the key and if I get caught (I haven't put many points into pickpocket..I think Regis is only a 2 or so), then kill off the king, get the key, find the secret anti-chamber and loot, pillage and plunder to my heart's content. Then head to the Boogre's place. Got it!

Thanks you for the quick answers everyone

Tree
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote