Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 07:31 PM   #1
Blackhail
Welcomed New User

Help:
Before I start pulling stunts like reinstalling the game I thought I'd ask if anyone come across this before... I've arrived at Anephas' Shrine, answered the riddles and popped the lock... when I pull the entry lever the game seems to enter a never ending loop, it doesn't crash but keeps trying to load for ever!
I'm running the game on a 1gig PIII, 512mb, lots of HD space, XP Pro, the avi files converted, the patch is installed and I am using 98 compatibility mode.
Any help would be much appreciated
Blackhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 08:06 PM   #2
chatter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does the PC make a noise when it goes into the loop? Try hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL keys and see if there is a error box behind the Windows Task Manager box before you reinstall. If there is an error box then it probably will not help to reinstall. Try changing the compatibility mode to 95 in place of 98 if you get an error box. Dont know if that will work or not but worth a try.

If you do reinstall you may want to back up your save directory in the wizards and warriors install folder under program files to save your game.

Hope I was of some help.
chatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 03:49 PM   #3
Blackhail
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the input & I'm sorry I trook so long to get back... in answer to your question, the only noise is a cd access noise (which does seem to be a pattern). CTRL+ALT+DEL brings up the XP security box but trying to invoke the task manager from there screws things up completely... the only way out is to hit the power button!

Anyway, last night I finally had a little time to reinstall... it seems to have worked (although it looks like I may have a few active x issues now!).

Thanks again!
Blackhail is offline   Reply With Quote