Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2001, 11:12 PM   #1
Bow-Jest

How do I get the leprachan to teleport me? I`ve try chasing and attacking him but he just teleports himself.
Old 01-18-2001, 11:43 PM   #2
Lily the Ranger

Am not sure where you are at . . . have never been teleported by the leprichaun . . . don't think you need to be . . . he exists here mostly to annoy you - some of the more talented have killed him at this meeting . . . go through the temple of Isis and you will find him again. Good luck killing the little sucker!
Old 01-19-2001, 02:55 AM   #3
TarlA42

I must have messed around with that leprechaun for 4 hours before I figured that pest out. He does a little route, and he'll teleport either himself or you when confronted (You've obviously noticed). The trick I found is to wait for him in a little passage for him. There is a narrow gap towards the SW area of his domain that he always passes through. Wait for him there (facing NE) and he'll walk up to you. Have all your characters ready with weapons (spells don't do squat against him), and kick the snot out of him when he comes to you. It may take a couple of rounds with him teleporting, but he can get hung up there. I think I did 200+ hp of damage to him twice that way. (He has 500+, so be patient). After killing him, you get a lot of xp, and a "leprechaun stick"
Old 01-19-2001, 08:00 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

In another post I read that killing the leperchaun prevents you from getting recognition in the rogue guild, so be careful with that. Others got teleported to his little hiding place, and without Call of Home there is no way to leave there yet.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 08:06 AM   #5
TarlA42

Uh oh.
I killed the little #@$%. The guild didn't recognize the fact I found a leprechaun. Should I restart before I killed him?
Tarl.
Old 01-19-2001, 08:28 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

No Tarl, read my other reply - no penalty
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 10:43 AM   #7
carg
The Magister

Davros, Sazerac claims here that he couldn't get recognition, even with the clover. So you fight it out with him.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 05:02 PM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hmm - Saz is usually right about most things, so I am not looking for a slug fest.

My experience to date - yes I had the patch loaded so I don't know if that made a difference. After I killed him I posted to an earlier thread to make sure I had not goofed, and was told by Scronan / Regis / several others that I shouldn't worry. Have given this same advice back to several people without any screams of complaint yet. I know Lil had trouble getting credit for the quest - but we fixed her problem by unequipping the stone (it's not a bad amulet so she had someone wearing it) - this means the shopkeeper can't see it.

Anyone else kill the lil green guy and have any problems?
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 05:24 PM   #9
Lily the Ranger

Just had a lovely thought . . .

Was unable to kill the LGG at our second meeting (after I mentioned "home" he would say he had to go and I could not get a hold on him before he faded away . . . no fair, I had saved this tasty treat for later - isn't patience supposed to be rewarded?) So here is my fantasy:

Leprechaun materialises in Sebastio's shop.
Sebastio: "Blah, blah, blah"
Lep: "You can't catch me."
Seb: "Blah, blah, blah"
Lep: "OH NO I am can't do a thing! He has got to stop talking sometime . . ."
Enter a party of adventurers.
Seb: "Blah, blah, blah x 6."
Lep: "You have got to be kidding!"

Sorry, had to indulge - my goal is to kill the Leprechaun this time and I am not even going to talk to him.

Signed,
Obsessed