Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 07:15 PM   #1
Fulant
Dungeon Master

I Did not have her in all of BG1 and dumped her early in BG2. I will not have a party member question my authority! She is to lippy! I punched her once just to see if it would straighten her out (i forgot what happened) I almost dumped Anomen too, but then his alignment changed, did you all notice that... LN to LG
Old 06-24-2001, 07:19 PM   #2
Tancred
White Dragon

Awww, no! Jahiera's a wonderful character, and she seems a lot more 'real' than many of the other NPCs simply through sheer force of personality. She can zap things with spells, fight well, heal and has some exceptionally amusing conversations with other NPCs - and there's nothing like having someone challenge your authority to demonstrate to everyone that you're right. If no-one questions your plans, how is anyone going to see how perfect they are? Plus, she is the heroine of the most satisfying, deep romance plot of the lot IMO. I can't agree with you less.
Old 06-24-2001, 07:33 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I haven't played BG1 yet, so no comments for that one.

In BG2 though... ... THE NAGGING!!!! IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!

The only reason why Jaheira exists in my party is because of one reason... ... Her spells. She doesn't need to hold for 3 rounds summoning her fire elemental unlike the mage version, and Mountain Bears rock too. Insect Plague is very useful too.

I could use Cernd, but his inability to wear armour is rather disturbing for me.
Old 06-24-2001, 11:09 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Jaheira starts out a little lippy in BG2 (she is dealing with her husband's death, after all). However, if you pursue the romance with her, or even if you just play along, she softens up considerably.

Anomen, on the other hand, DIRECTLY questions your authority, by implying that he can run the group better than you can. And frankly, I don't care if he becomes a saint, he still is very arrogant in his dealings with the party after that point. I guess this goes along with his 12 Wisdom (for a cleric, much less).

All in all, Jaheira tends to be a better investment, even if you never pursue a romance with her (however, hers has a lot of quests and fighting, so hardest of all of them to pursue, but worth it due to the amount of experience you get). Plus, as a druid, she gets access to some spells that clerics do not (elemental summoning, conjure animals) and gets the higher level spells at a lower level. She cannot advance past 14th level as a druid, but still accumulates experience. This allows her to advance quickly once she gets into the Throne of Bhaal expansion. I have played with both, and Anomen is almost universally hated for a reason! Between his attitude and his low wisdom, who would want him (no wonder his dad kicked him out of his house).
Old 06-24-2001, 11:22 PM   #5
Tananda
Elminster

Here is my confession: Yes, I hate Jaheira. I hated her in BG1 (where she was killed by wild animals - you know how that could be with those unpleasant NPCs and I hate her even more in BG2. No matter how skilled she is or what useful spells she has - I cannot stand her in my party because she is annoying.
Even Anomen has a better personality .

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 06-25-2001, 12:10 AM   #6
Mellagar

I'd have to say that having Jaheira in my party was great. Nothing like having a great arguement over everything to irritate yah and make you enjoy clubbing a few monsters to get a smile on your face. Anomen started to bug me with his "I'm worthy this and that" but I would solve that by sending him into a dark dungeon first and while the rest of us stand back and watch, heh. That'll teach yah!
Old 06-25-2001, 12:28 AM   #7
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i must say, i hate jaheria. firstly, shes a druid and a harper. nuff said. also, shes ANNOYING! and, did it disturb anyone else that she only half-mourned her dead husband, and that was only for a few days! in bg1 i never had her cuz i had to bring whiny Khalid along, who always ended up being killed by a kobold. a fighter w/ 15 strengh? Bwahahaha!!!

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 06-25-2001, 02:11 AM   #8
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
Awww, no! Jahiera's a wonderful character, and she seems a lot more 'real' than many of the other NPCs simply through sheer force of personality. She can zap things with spells, fight well, heal and has some exceptionally amusing conversations with other NPCs - and there's nothing like having someone challenge your authority to demonstrate to everyone that you're right. If no-one questions your plans, how is anyone going to see how perfect they are? Plus, she is the heroine of the most satisfying, deep romance plot of the lot IMO. I can't agree with you less.
Good Call, Jaheira rocks!!!
She is a forceful intelligent woman, and an effective NPC-besides I dont mind that she questions me, if I was in my group I'd question me too
Old 06-25-2001, 02:49 AM   #9
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

HEY!!!

Don't talk badly about my woman!

She sure does cuddle and snuggle nice!
Old 06-25-2001, 04:13 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

I have been defending Jaheira on this board from the beginning, and I will keep doing so until the bitter end.... SHE ROCKS!!!!!!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia