Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2003, 05:41 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This is to let you all know of a new rule in this forum. I'm going to call it the "Fair Play" rule. Obviously tensions are high now that the war has started, and we all feel defensive, picked-on, maybe even antagonistic. I don't personally care how you feel as long as you don't reflect this feeling back to your fellow members, who in all likelihood feel the same way you do.

We as moderators will be spending less and less time trying to mediate disputes - it won't be worth our while trying to mediate between people who all believe their opinion is right. We will simply start locking threads that are heading towards flamewars and like in a soccer, rugby or football game, whoever started the fight (as well as anyone who retaliates or joins in the flaming) will spend time on the sideline to cool off. That can range from a few days suspension to a month (a YELLOW card):

...or permanently (a RED card - the door's that way, don't let it hit you on the way out) if you did something REALLY bad.

This is only fair I think - we're here to moderate, not to decide on whose opinion is right. No more warnings, I think we've had more than enough.

We will still be working towards preventing embers from becoming flames, of course - but don't leave this all up to us or expect us to mediate for you. We expect help from you on this. Once embers become flames and flames become conflagrations, we will be locking threads and sending people off the field. We will be especially vigilant for posts that are obviously provocative or meant to stir shit and wind people up for the purposes of getting a flame or a reaction and trying to get someone else banned. Don't say you weren't warned beforehand - anyone who feels they can't post under these conditions should stop posting here now. This is not negotiable.

I'd like to think that most of us are mature enough to get along together, even if we may not personally like or agree with each other. It's up to all of you to make sure that doesn't happen - we all need to work together to ensure a good, hard, but CLEAN, game for all. That means no biting, scratching, hair-pulling or swinging handbags. And agree or disagree, we should be able to share a beer afterwards - that's the spirit I'd like to see us discussing this. We are not at war with each other. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Edited to include photos.

[ 03-26-2003, 04:07 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 07:21 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Not much else to add to this, it covers the bases well.
Things are bound to be heated more than usual now and everyone has to remember that WE are not each others' enemy, just people who discuss and disagree on things related to the war.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:58 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

What a great idea! No wonder you're the chief Mod.
I hope everyone reads and understands this new message. It will save alota butts.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:04 PM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I'm just going to stay out of the war link, it's just to easy to blowup on someone when it's not really their fault the way they think or feel but it is their "RIGHT" to think or feel any way they want!
Everone just remember one thing, There is no such thing as gravity,the earth sucks!, well at least some of the time. SO PEACE Brothers & Sisters of Ironworks see you in a game!
Old 03-20-2003, 08:17 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Do I get to claim I was the first non-official yellow card recipient.

Actually, mods, a good idea. I've been posting here less since the bombing actually started, knowing feelings would get more heated. Plus, there was that whole "TL go away for a week" thing from Z. Oh well, you live you learn

I do think, however, Memnoch was sitting on his couch drinking beer watching late-nite soccer when this [img]graemlins/pi_lightbulb.gif[/img] hit him. I can picture it now. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] Anyway, this is a rockin' idea [img]graemlins/rocking.gif[/img] that probably comes just in the nick of time to save this forum from going down the [img]graemlins/toilet.gif[/img]

Cheers all.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #6
Animal
Gold Dragon

Thank you.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:55 PM   #7
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

That means none of this [img]graemlins/imtough.gif[/img] ,
none of this [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] ,
none of this [img]graemlins/1pokeme.gif[/img] ,
none of this [img]graemlins/fight.gif[/img] ,
none of this [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img] ,
and certainly none of this! [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]

Man, what a drag! No fun at all! *wink*

Let's all play nice together, Okey-dokey?

Thanks for the extra effort Memnoch.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:47 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

Actually, mods, a good idea. I've been posting here less since the bombing actually started, knowing feelings would get more heated. Plus, there was that whole "TL go away for a week" thing from Z. Oh well, you live you learn

I do think, however, Memnoch was sitting on his couch drinking beer watching late-nite soccer when this [img]graemlins/pi_lightbulb.gif[/img] hit him. I can picture it now. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] Anyway, this is a rockin' idea [img]graemlins/rocking.gif[/img] that probably comes just in the nick of time to save this forum from going down the [img]graemlins/toilet.gif[/img]

Cheers all.
Actually, Mem and I posted the same kind of idea in the Webmaster forum at the SAME EXACT TIME! Talk about 'on the same wavelength'

We just want to make SURE you all keep cool heads. So this is how we go about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:44 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

Cheers all.
Actually, Mem and I posted the same kind of idea in the Webmaster forum at the SAME EXACT TIME! Talk about 'on the same wavelength'

We just want to make SURE you all keep cool heads. So this is how we go about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Yep, it was freaky - Z and I posted within a MINUTE of each other and we said exactly the same thing. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Then again, great minds do think alike... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 08:03 PM   #10
Son of Osiris

As we say in Candad: No Prob-Lay-Mo, eh?