Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2004, 10:13 AM   #1
Raistlin Majere
Ra

First-of-all, Tibia is a free MMORPG, and is apparently very popular. Its set in a fantasy world with sword-and-magic sort of gameplay. I think it could be a very good game(graphics are pretty crap, but what the hell), but Im finding it hard to "get into it". So if there are any dedicated Tibia players lurking around, Id appriciate some tips on the following:

1)How do I trade/get healed? Im kind of at loss as to how to do these things...
2)How do I specialize to become a sorcerer/paladin/druid/etc.?
3)How do I gain mana points?
4)What class should I play first?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

I've played it for a good 5 minutes. Next time I was gonna played, I had lost the impossible-to-remember username...

Friend'a mine's been playing it some tho. I know you can get healed by eating stuff, and that if you eat stuff when fully healed, you may regain health while battling later.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:45 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
A friend of mine played it, dunno how though. He tried to get me into it. I'm no graphics nut, but that was just unbearable.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:57 PM   #4
Raistlin Majere
Ra

I know about the food stuff, but I just cant find any...youre supposed to be able to get healed in temples, but I havent managed to do this yet. BTW, if you can get over the graphics, it really is quite a good game(and I dont understand half of it). I know it can be hard, as this is my 5th try

Old 05-30-2004, 04:17 PM   #5
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
A friend of mine played it, dunno how though. He tried to get me into it. I'm no graphics nut, but that was just unbearable.
That's what graphics nuts say [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2004, 04:28 PM   #6
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Man, I am such a NOOB at this game. I was low on health, so this guy comes and gives me a potion, saying its a life restoring potion. Apparently it was some kind of poison, 'cause it killed me pretty darn quick!

[ 05-30-2004, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

Old 05-30-2004, 04:55 PM   #7
Cienden
Manshoon

lol, nice one about the potion.

The player community is just pathetic. I used to play it with some friends, but we all pretty much quit because of the cheating, thieving, lousy bunch of people that played. On PvP it's really a mess, and even the non PvP are bad. It was a fun game though for awhile, but it needs a lot of work.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:26 PM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

The graphics looks like the old Ultima 6 game.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:32 PM   #9
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Yah. Try playing Runescape. 3D, and over the internet all on your browser. Looks alot better than Tibia. I'd rather go text-based than Tibia.
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:29 AM   #10
Raistlin Majere
Ra

the graphics dont bother me at all anymore! Im level 5 currently and have the best equipment available at the moment! It gets alot better after a few level gains, at which point you dont get killed by every rat that happens by....