Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 05:10 AM   #11
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomin:
Yep but as a mage it means that it can't be dispeled like casting haste could.. I know it's argueably a waste of feats but since if I got wiz I like to go all wiz I have the feats.

I generally also like having a very high initiative that I like to use to do things like time stop cast spelss come out and time stop again... Which Auto Quicken helps with it seems [img]smile.gif[/img]
I was trying (and still am!) to work out if it is a worthwhile feat to take for my Wizard. There seems to be a bit of conflict as to what it actually does - if all it did was provide identical benefits to haste (but like you say with the added benefit of not being dispellable) then I'd probably skip it, especially if there are permahaste items in the world, but if it did let you fire off spells which could not be countered/disrupted and/or if the spells effectively have a lower casting time (which the description does hint at!) then I think it would be a good feat to choose...
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:14 AM   #12
Tomin
Dungeon Master

It actually will lower the casting time for some spells. Gate for example takes forever to cast with quicken gate it actually goes rather fast. However things are still counterable but thats why it's not the best implementaion of epic spells.
Tomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #13
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
TDC can tell you about Time stop/Isaac's Greater Missile swarm. He very nearly won a round in our pvp tourney in Undermountain with that very strategy, very nearly...The spells you use after time stop will vary greatly upon what you face. Some things are immune to fire, so some of the stuff I suggested above would be worthless. You just have to look at what, and then decide how you want to end it's pitiful existence. (or perhaps consider that if it ever gets out of time stop, it may very well end yours.)
LOL I think you had what 10HP left after those 2 Maximised IGMS ????

Man that was a close match.
[/QUOTE]That's about right. One more would have done me for sure, Hell, at your level, a regular Magic Missile might have done the trick.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote