Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2004, 10:19 AM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Anyone here seen Spirited Away from Hayao Miyazaki? I saw it 2 nights ago and was blown away by it. The plot was cool, the anime was amazing, and the dubbing over was exellent, with none of the "haha" syndrom found in dubbed over anime.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 12:57 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I saw it and liked it, but I prefer Anime with a little more action, like Princess Mononoke.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:04 PM   #3
Spirits forever

OF course i watched it in theaters it's one of the best movies i've ever watched in my WHOLE life....if you liked this movie i recommend watching
:Laputa Castle in the sky
rincess Mononoke (of Course)
:maybe my neighbour torotoro
:grave of the butterflies
:Nausicaa Valley of the wind
Old 01-11-2004, 02:01 PM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I saw it and liked it, but I prefer Anime with a little more action, like Princess Mononoke
So do I, but movies like spirited away are a nice flick to engross yourself in for an afternoon, or anytime for that matter. Check out second renaissance on Animatrix for action and sweet CGI/ some other thing mixing in the actual movie.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:47 PM   #5
Smoothie
Manshoon

Loved this movie, have a whole bunch of other anime feature lengths on my Netflix queue now because of it. Specially like that guy who pukes all over the place.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:20 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

There is nothing with Spirited Away, and I can see that it is a nice film, but gawds was I getting bored from it.

Nothing wrong with the film itself, it is just like Luvian, I prefer anime that have a little more action in it.

Mind you, I do watch sappy shows from time to time, but when it comes to Anime, it is a whole different story.

A good example of what I like in Anime will be Trigun. It will make you laugh, and it will make you cry.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

<font color=gold>
Me thinks every self-respecting Otaku of Anime should have this DVD sitting on his/her shelf. Ab-so-lute-ly magnificent...
</font>
Old 01-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #8
uss
20th Level Warrior

Very cool movie, with all the imaginative creatures and stuff. As with all other anime, I seriously preferred to watch the subtitled version. I was advised to keep away from the dubbed version like from plague, since it's supposed to contain some 'elements' from Disney.

Dundee

Spirits Forever, it's Grave of the Fireflies, not Grave of the Butterflies, lol.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:11 AM   #9
Epona
Zartan

I am not an anime fan, but I LOVED Spirited Away - in fact I would go so far as to say that it was the best film I saw last year.

What I am into, are films which are quite surreal - and this one certainly edged its way into that bracket alright! I sat throughout most of it with my mouth hanging open at the sheer weirdness of it all. Great imaginative stuff, sod your action films, this had something deeper to it, and I appreciate that.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:09 PM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Epona said it all. I usually dislike (and that's putting it very mildly) the sort of anime tripe that little teenage fanboys get off on, but I loved this movie. [img]smile.gif[/img] I suspect that, had there been more action in it like some people wanted, I would actually have liked it less. Saw the undubbed version with subtitles, BTW.