Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2002, 06:20 PM   #1
Wilhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm in the Underdark at this point, my third time through. I've just begun the run-all-over-the-place-for-the-drow quests and (I appologize for my poor memory concerning names) am attempting to rescue the matron's daughter. I talked to the male and female drow that I was supposed to, but when I went to the appropriate meeting place, the male drow wasn't there. I wandered all over, but I couldn't find him. Frustrated, I went back inside the drow city and found him standing near the entrance/exit. I talked to him and had the dialog with him that I was supposed to have outside the city where we were supposed to rescue the matron's daughter. The feedback told me that the guys we were looking for showed up and killed the matron's daughter. I tried this a couple times with the same result. So then I tried to ctrl+q him and lead him outside the city to the correct location, but when I kicked him out of my party so that I could talk to him, he got upset and left. Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:52 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Everything in the Drow city is time-oriented. I think you had like 12 hours (game time) to complete that quest. Probably while you were running all over looking for him, the clock ran out.

Do you have a prior save you can go back to?

You don't really need to do Ust'Natha to get out of the underdark, BTW...just go through the Kuo-Toa tunnels. But you miss out on a lot of experience, storyline, and some nifty items.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 07:01 PM   #3
Wilhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I only spent 3 hours game time looking for the male drow, so I don't think it was that. I guess I'll just head through the tunnel. Thanks anyway.
Old 06-26-2002, 07:06 PM   #4
Wilhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Also...I've already taken on the appearance of a drow. Is there a way for me to change back? Or would stealing the eggs on my own allow me to complete the quest? Thanks again for any help.
Old 06-26-2002, 07:22 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilhelm:
Also...I've already taken on the appearance of a drow. Is there a way for me to change back? Or would stealing the eggs on my own allow me to complete the quest? Thanks again for any help.
Yes, you can steal them on your own. Adalon doesn't care how you get the eggs back; just that you get them back, thank you. Be prepared for battle-o-rama, as they'll lock down the city on you, though, and you'll have to kill every single stinkin' Drow in all of Ust'Natha to get out of there.

OTOH, if you want, you can CLUAConsole the eggs into your inventory and just give them to Adalon, saving yourself a lot of effort and just about certain death.

-Sazerac

Old 06-26-2002, 08:08 PM   #6
Wilhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm gonna give it a go at stealing the eggs and see how long I can last against a city of angry drow. It should be interesting if nothing else. Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2002, 08:13 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilhelm:
Thanks for the advice. I think I'm gonna give it a go at stealing the eggs and see how long I can last against a city of angry drow. It should be interesting if nothing else. Thanks again.
HINT: use Haste potions! They last longer and don't fatigue you when they wear off!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

-Sazerac

Old 06-27-2002, 12:35 PM   #8
Wilhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Fortunately I was able to steal the eggs and escape from the city. Surprisingly enough it wasn't too difficult. It was also more fun and exciting than running errands for the drow, even if I didn't receive as much experience. Many thanks for the attention to my inquiry.