Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #51
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, December 10, 2007

Wow this weekend went by fast. My weekend was pretty much crap because I had a migraine all day Saturday, and it still lingered on Sunday. It still is hiding in the background as I type this, waiting for something to set it off again!

I'm glad at least it happened on the weekend. I can't afford to take any time off from my new job right now, wouldn't look good. So I've been figuring if I get a migraine during the workweek I'm gonna just have to suffer through it and work. Although not sure how that will work out if it's a really bad one that makes me start to cry ugg. I really do need to just get some Sudafed over the counter and see if that helps me out like the Tylenol Sinus used to do before the meth users ruined it for all of us. Luckily I still had some Vicodin onhand from dental work done last year. Only worked temporarily but better than nothing. Heck I still feel the thing, again, waiting in the background. It actually pisses me off at this point, I'm so sick of my head still hurting, on and off. Off please now thanks bye!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #52
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HAHAHA.... HeyLord Kathen! Aside from my cold at the moment, not too bad. *sips from private stock of soup*

Winter is back up my way, though. We were enjoying temps in the 50's and 60's (very balmy for us in January when the norm is down near freezing or lower!) and now it's back to winter temps and windchills and we got a bit of snow, just so we wouldn't forget what that was like, I'm sure!

LZ, I'm wondering if the weather fronts coming in this weekend triggered your headache. Both Nacht and I had sinus headaches on Saturday and he got a migraine all day and into Sunday, poor guy. So we feel for you! And it's NOT fun to be at work with one of those.. UGH! If your insurance has kicked in at the new job, maybe you can check with a doctor on some migraine meds? Might be good to try some out and find one that works for you and doesn't knock you out. Took two tries for Nacht to find the right one and it still does make him drowsy but he usually has to stay home when one of those headaches hits.

DS, any news on your hands/wrists? Hope it's better!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #53
Jorath Calar
Harper

Hi everybody and happy new year! Just checking in, I just moved to Denmark about 3 weeks ago. It's really nice everything is much cheaper than in Iceland (finally I have internet at home!), but the language is (expletetive deleted). Anyway, hope everybody is fine... anything happened for the past few months?
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #54
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

No new news on the hands yet, apart from the fact that my RSI has come back. Less bad than last time, but still back. After my exams (I have one more left) I am planning to go to the doctor.

I am also visiting a uni tommorrow and making myself ill with worry about it. Considering I woke up having a panic attack this morning after the worst night of sleep I have had in a long time...

But on the plus side, I have bought Oblivion. True, the first things I did were break into a house, steal and then attack a horse, try and kill some sheep and then kill myself jumping off a chapel. But it seemed like a good idea at the time.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #55
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Jorath! You've got internet access at home now...whoohooo! Tell us all about Denmark....and you can do it in English.

DS- good luck at the uni! Try not to think about negatives and if you can, breath a little!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #56
Ladyzekke

Brrrrr! It's freezing tonight! I guess it's typical for this time of year around here, but still, I just hate cold weather like this. 18F right now, with winds. One of those nights you keep turning up the heat but never feel warm enough. And it's a holiday tomorrow but I have to work, weeee! I guess at least traffic should be light.

Hmmm, wonder if the coffee shop I like to go to for a breakfast sammich will be open tomorrow. It's a small shop and I notice they tend to go by what others do around them. And most everyone around them (cept for my office huh) will be off tomorrow. Shite, what will I do? How will I get my Ham and Egg and "Chee" on Plain Bagel tomorrow?!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #57
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

That's right... MLK day tomorrow, isn't it? I'm off in Toronto for a couple days' work... installing our software in our latest customer and doing some training on it. Was a pleasant drive over today (just over 5 hours), aside from the frigid temperatures. I listened to both playoff NFL games along the way, which helped the time pass quite nicely

Hope you get a good breakfast tomorrow... I'll be looking to pick mine up somewhere, since this hotel (which is not one of the chains I normally stay at) fails several of my "preference tests", including doors on the inside of the building and breakfast available in the morning. At least they have a workout room... but the front desk closes down at midnight and doesn't open back up for a while. This could suck...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #58
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Hey all! i havent been around in a little bit so i thought i'd pop in and say ello.

Everything's been alright around here, a group called MSK has been messin with G4, but i have a feeling that's going to change soon. G4's officially goiing to challenge them in a day or two, then the real fun's going to start. We'll have a video camera present to record the battles and outcomes, from there it'll be put onto YouTube, where it can be viewed by all.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #59
Ladyzekke

Well I hope you got to eat Bungleau! I lucked out with my shop open the other morning, so it was all good on my end.

I need a good windshield scraper. One made of metal rather than plastic. With a long handle preferably. Man am I sick of scraping every morning LOL. Just seems like an extra scrapey winter so far!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #60
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Get well soon to all who are sick... and sick and tired.

SO far, I am hooked on Gossip Girl, however, due to the writer's strike, it has stopped on ep 13. Tragic. So many great shows that are on hold...

Midterms begin this Monday. Examinations galore once again! Looking forward to it.

Now with that being said, I guess the enthusiasm is rooted on me getting back into shape by doing cardio exercises.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote