Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2002, 01:37 PM   #1
Blackthorn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Jello people, have any of you got tips for beating Abazigul? (I think thats how you spell it) coz I have tried millions of times with no luck! I have mages and stuff, but they have no good spells. My main char is a ranger but not that good.. I need something to combat all his scary dragon abilities! help!
P.s. Has anyone noticed how much Abazigul looks like Ozzy Osbourne?
Old 08-20-2002, 01:41 PM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackthorn:
Jello people, have any of you got tips for beating Abazigul? (I think thats how you spell it) coz I have tried millions of times with no luck! I have mages and stuff, but they have no good spells. My main char is a ranger but not that good.. I need something to combat all his scary dragon abilities! help!
P.s. Has anyone noticed how much Abazigul looks like Ozzy Osbourne?
What's your party? What levels are they?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 01:49 PM   #3
Blackthorn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My party has - me (Toren) -a ranger
Minsc, ranger
Aerie, cleric/mage
Sarevok, fighter
Cernd, druid
Imoen, theif/mage
They're all around level 28, though Cernd is level 30 and I am ashamed to say Aerie is level 17...
Old 08-20-2002, 03:06 PM   #4
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
My party has - me (Toren) -a ranger
Minsc, ranger
Aerie, cleric/mage
Sarevok, fighter
Cernd, druid
Imoen, theif/mage
They're all around level 28, though Cernd is level 30 and I am ashamed to say Aerie is level 17...
Don't worry, Aerie's multi-class.

I assume you have mordekin's sword and the protection spells Chant, haste, resist fear, Bless, and protection from lightning. Before fighting Abazigal, cast these spells on yourself. What weapon enchantment are you using? If it isn't +4 and up (hard to hit him with a +3, you can do it, but you'll just die) then the slayer can kill him. make sure he's busy with the mordakin's swords, as he can't hit them, and use psion blade+5 hopefully ewither the vorpal sword, flame of the north or warblade. gesen is no use as he's lightning breathing so lightning won't damage him. Sling of everad will also hit him, provided you don't use ammunition.

I hope it helps, and if you still have problems, you know where to post.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:22 PM   #5
Blackthorn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay. Basic spells. Mordekin's sword, Vorpal sword etc. Sounds good to me. Cheers!
Old 08-20-2002, 03:37 PM   #6
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Okay. Basic spells. Mordekin's sword, Vorpal sword etc. Sounds good to me. Cheers!
Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2002, 05:52 PM   #7
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Or you could do it my way By living the phrase obliterate!annihilate!eradicate

Ok now for the great recipe
Abazigal Sushi

Ingredients
1 Abazigal aliveobvious aint it)
A few Whirlwind attacks
Good weaponry
Some party support to heal

Procedure:-

Try to clear the salamanders in one side of the lair before confronting abazigal, now send in the tanks to whirlwind the human form of abazigal, after he has changed into dragon form move party to one side, send some cannon fodder, move in with the tanks again and whirlwind him(easier with 2) meanwhile keep healing/supporting the tanks, in about 3 minutes Abazigal sushi will be ready. Best Served with dead salamanders. Serves about 2(in terms of equipment)

enticing isnt it !!
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 01:40 AM   #8
Grindar Silvermane
Manshoon

Location: Temple of Tempus: The High Hall of Swords and Banners
Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
Or you could do it my way By living the phrase obliterate!annihilate!eradicate

Ok now for the great recipe
Abazigal Sushi

Ingredients
1 Abazigal aliveobvious aint it)
A few Whirlwind attacks
Good weaponry
Some party support to heal

Procedure:-

Try to clear the salamanders in one side of the lair before confronting abazigal, now send in the tanks to whirlwind the human form of abazigal, after he has changed into dragon form move party to one side, send some cannon fodder, move in with the tanks again and whirlwind him(easier with 2) meanwhile keep healing/supporting the tanks, in about 3 minutes Abazigal sushi will be ready. Best Served with dead salamanders. Serves about 2(in terms of equipment)

enticing isnt it !!
Seems like a nice recipe, Whacky
Gotta try that myself when I return to ToB (very addicted to NWN at the moment, but the wife's just started with BG I /TotSC again with the intention to run the whole series once again)
Old 08-22-2002, 11:46 AM   #9
Blackthorn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, I am still losing against Abazigul! But at least now I am losing well, and getting some attacks in before I die..
Nice recipe, I will try that. I'm sure its only a matter of time!
Old 08-22-2002, 12:31 PM   #10
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Heh...if you think this is tough, you try the improved Abazigal-fun, but tough [img]tongue.gif[/img]
And the purple dragon was only worth 21,000 xp!