Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2004, 04:12 PM   #61
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Eh, that's odd, our dial-up service is only like $20 a month while if we wanted DSL (yes DSL, not even cable!) It would be like 60$ a month cause we live in such a remote community, 'an unincorporated community of San Diego County' as the signs say [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well tis another pretty day here, should stay in the midseventies [img]smile.gif[/img] Have a good day everyone [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 11:41 PM   #62
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Yeah I know, every country/place got different rates. Unfornately since overhere the Telecom company monopolised everything ( telephone service, internet service etc ). They just fixed whatever price as they see fits.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:47 PM   #63
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Gosh, even the mountains of Kentucky don't have it quite that bad...though we DO still use copper lines, which stinks...at my house (not there right now...) I can't connect whenever it's rained in the last day and a half...

Well, I'm sure that I'll graduate High School now that I've completed my writing portfolio...oh so happy...finally out of this hole!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 05-02-2004, 10:56 PM   #64
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sunday night and I'm almost ready for some sleep. We got the lawn mowed, YAY! Still need to purchase a lawnmower so we rented one for the weekend.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #65
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ewww lawn mowing. Never done it myself. Well, I tried once, but our lawn is...huge, and I only got half of it done before I collapsed, lol

Ick, like the last 3 days its been in the upper 90s in my town...and no breeze! It sucks big time, but good for drving around in shorts and your bikini top with your best friend
Old 05-03-2004, 02:10 PM   #66
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Today started off good enough for a Monday, my one thought that made it possible was that I was going to be on Vacation next week. Over a month ago I asked my wife to do one of two things to help out in this endeavor that I was going to do during my vacation. I asked her to see if she had vacation time so she could A) come with me B) Watch the children so her parents wouldnt have to. Needless to say after several reminders and time flying by she just checked and neither possibility is going to work. My father would have been 65 on May 10th, the day I had planned to spread his ashes where he had requested, the place is a bit off the beaten path and not a place to take toddler's due to various natural dangers. Mountains and babies do not agree very well, hehe so now I am in a bit of pickle. Depressed to say the least. Mmy father passed on little over a year ago and due to various family issues I wasnt able to fullfill his request until now and now doesnt look like it is going to happen for me, I am at my wits end with all this family business and just wish I could tend to mine and mine alone. So remember when you pass on, and you are leaving behind loved one's and an estate and a business and rental properties and all sorts of other goodies, have a defined will with exact instructions and details so that the responsable child in the family isnt left tending the fires you left burning!!!! I miss my father but I am glad he is no longer suffering
Old 05-03-2004, 03:23 PM   #67
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Elif sounds like you have had plate full good luck with finding the time. Maybe a solo trip?????
Old 05-03-2004, 05:03 PM   #68
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Sounds sucky Elif, not enjoying life to the full myself at the moment but hopefully all will be sorted and you'll be seeing happy Phil again in a day or a week depending [img]smile.gif[/img] be good if life was easy huh? [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

Grats Ilander [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] unfortunately after high school is when the hard work starts to kick in [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

We have a small section to mow but our landlord does it for us... also does the weeding and other gardening stuff, luvvin not having to do it myself

Weather is cold here but it's nice n sunny. Had a huge downpour last night, hail and lightning... the whole works but it's all good now [img]smile.gif[/img] Gonna check out Kill Bill volume II this afternoon and do some window shopping at The Palms (best mall in Christchurch)

For now though, just gonna lay in the sun and read the third book in the Warlords Chronicles Trilogy written by Bernard Cornwall. It's set in the years leading up to 500AD with the Saxons invasion of Briton and the religous struggles between pagans and christianity and one mans fight to unite the tribes of Briton against the invading hordes. I'm enjoying the read [img]smile.gif[/img]

Take care peoples, enjoy your days [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 07:00 PM   #69
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Sounds interesting, Dunda, Cornwell is an exciting author. Jen, it hasn't made the 80's, here, yet; but it will, it will.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:01 PM   #70
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Elif, can a friend go with you? Sounds like it's very important to you and maybe someone could help out watching the kids or something? I hope it works out!

Hey Downunda, I want your landlord to move in next door and take care of my lawn and garden!