Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2004, 04:21 PM   #11
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

We'll I haven't been to any weddings but my parents have been to countless. A few weeks ago they went to a freind's wedding. This guy was about 56 and married for the third time.

Hey Cloudy I'm curious if this is your first wedding? How old are you (don't have to answer if you don't want to ?

[ 01-07-2004, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Gab ]
Old 01-07-2004, 10:39 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, Gab, I'm 43 and yup, it's my first wedding. First one I really wanted to KEEP! And I don't mind at all, age is a matter of how you feel and how you relate to the world. I don't really think of it as a limiting factor. [img]smile.gif[/img]

VulcanRider, the bicycles sound fun, if one can avoid falling off! But since the main part of my church can only be reached via stairs or an electric seat that goes up the stairs for the handicapped, I'd never get it to work for us!
Old 01-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Gee, not many folk have been to weddings or had them, I guess!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:35 PM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

My own wedding would be unorthodox so I daren't suggest anything lest you start to frighten the guests . But hey, a belated congratulations and I hope (in fact I'm sure) it all goes well for you!

[ 01-08-2004, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 01-08-2004, 11:55 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks SW! We're still working on some of the major things like getting a photographer and choosing invitations but I am collecting stories from friends about receptions they've attended so I can get some ideas for what's good/bad and memorable to guests!
Old 01-09-2004, 12:36 AM   #16
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I am getting married on the 14th of Feb and here are some little ideas that we are using at our wedding.

Disposable cameras on each table. This allows the guests to take some extra photos. Just let them know that you want pictures of the Guests as well as the bride and groom. Other wise you end up with A LOT of pictures of just the bride and groom.

A nice Pad and Pen on each table. You then ask the guest to write a short message from the table to the bride and groom. This then gets read out by one of the wedding party during the speeches.

We are also feeding our guests appetizers while we are getting some proper photos with the photographer. Stops then from complaining and doing nothing while waiting for us.

Hope this all helps!

Cheers,
Old 01-09-2004, 07:29 AM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, T-D-C! CONGRATS on your impending wedding!!

LOL@ the feeding line! Yup, we'll have a cocktail hour while the photos are being taken! Don't want cranky, hungry guests!

[ 01-09-2004, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-10-2004, 12:13 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

How many receptions have you been to where they still do the boquet and garter tosses? We think we'll try something else, any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2004, 05:50 AM   #19
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey AngelEyes.

I'm afraid I've never been one to stick around for the reception at most of the weddings I've gone too..so I don't have a lot of suggestions for you there.

The one thing Amber and I agreed on for our wedding and reception was that we wanted it as SIMPLE as possible....and as short as possible.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the story of your brother and his bride taking 20 minutes to light one candle...our ENTIRE wedding ceremony took 15 minutes!!! I mean - really - what more is there to do than say "I do, she does, let's EAT!"

The only thing I disliked about our own reception was that her best friend insisted that the bride and groom could not get their own food. Instead, it had to chosen and brought to them by someone else. BIG MISTAKE!!! She picked the absolute worst stuff on the table! The main thing I remember was leaving the reception and thinking - "Man, I need to hit BK right away." I was still STARVING! {for those who don't know, BK stands for Burger King).

Anyway, Amber and I didn't have any dancing or a DJ for the reception. Her aunts did all the food and decorating for us. And I heard from the other guests that most of the food was great - just wish WE would have gotten some of the good stuff. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

I really like the idea T-D-C has about the disposable cameras and notepads. You will get a LOT of extra pictures that you, Jim, and the photographer would never have thought to take - since the pictures will be taken from several different people (all with their OWN ideas of what is the most important thing to take a picture of).

I wish you and Jim all the best, darling. I'm just sorry I can't make it up there myself.

BTW, Amber and I will be celebrating our 11th Anniversary in just a few short weeks!!!! We were married the first week of February - which is normally our coldest month and worst winter weather - but God gave us a beautiful spring-like day with temperatures in the mid-60's. It was truly a beautiful and blessed day!
Old 01-10-2004, 08:17 AM   #20
Smoothie
Manshoon

You do what makes you happy Cloudy. You are gonna get tons of advice from family and friends but ultimately it is your day. My wedding was beautiful, too bad I can't say same for my marriage, but I remember the stress leading up to it over stupid things like bands and gowns etc. Just remember this quote from Dr. Phil, "Plan a marriage not a wedding"

[ 01-10-2004, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Smoothie ]