Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 02:09 PM   #1
Udunthor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Throntar, in a previous thread stated that killing Firkragg before being told to do so would screw up the stronghold quest. Details please? Who tells you to kill him? What are the effects of screwing up? I killed Firkragg when I went through the dungeon the first time. Never occurred to me not to.
Old 04-04-2001, 02:19 PM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

***SPOILER***
Ok. *If* you are a Paladin, and you kill Firkraag before you are specifically asked to, you'll hose your Stronghold quest. With that said, here we go...

You will get a series of 4 (or maybe 5) quests from the Order of the Radiant Heart that will need to be completed in order for you to complete the Paladin Stronghold quest. The last of those quests is a request from the Order to go are recover Carsomyr from Firkraag and kill him. When you do this, and return with Carsomyr, you get a butt load of XPs and the Stronhold quest is complete. If you have already killed him, you don't get to complete the Stronghold quest totally. You may still get some XPs...but not on the scale of what is granted for completing the entire quest. Does that help
Old 04-04-2001, 02:26 PM   #3
Udunthor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, that helped. Thank you.

*sigh* Damn.

Is this worth backing up for? I would have to basically restart, as I killed Firkragg early on. I am a Paladin and I hate to not finish my stronghold quest, but if it is just xp, I can't imagine taking the time.
Old 04-04-2001, 02:31 PM   #4
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Nah. It's not that important. Just extra XPs. Carry on mate!

------------------

My *God* man...would you *please* eat something!?
Old 04-04-2001, 02:38 PM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I checked on this question. Apparently, you will lose out on 35,000XPs...but I think that's it. There may be one other thing that they can help you with which they may not if you don't complete the quest "properly".

***SPOILER***
When you face Bhodi for the final confrontation, you have the opportunity before hand to go and ask the Order for help in destroying her. They send a contingent of Paladins to help you, if you ask them. I'm not sure whether you have this option if you don't complete the quest the way it was intended...but I'm not even reasonably sure...
Old 04-04-2001, 04:41 PM   #6
Lord Shield

If you've no objection to cheating ,just summon up another dragon to make up for the XP

Old 04-04-2001, 05:13 PM   #7
trueheart78
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I too am currently in the same situation, and i think I'm just gonna off Firkraag - the sword will come in more handy now than 35,000 will later.