Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2002, 11:29 PM   #11
morningstar
The Magister

Hi everyone!
I have got the Create Portal & Teleport spells working. I made one on Valeia side of Ishad'nha gate and one near Torin. Both work well, tried one in Collosieum but couldn't get it to work. I talked to both mermaids and found saying Goodbye works well. Thanks everyone. I brought my Dwarf Paladin over from Valeia which was level 12 and was using him for a mule, but as my gnome rougue is a Vampire and a great pain, I am getting the Paladin up now. It is great getting on with the new part. When I finish this game I am going to try out all the other suggestions that people have posted over time to see how they all work. Then I will be going to Wizards 8, just waiting for a 3D acclerator card so I can play it! My computer is very slow. Have fun gaming all!
Old 07-24-2002, 02:26 AM   #12
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Gday Morningstar, do you really need a 3d card to play Wizardry 8. I have no video card at all just the intel chipset that came with the computer. Will I not be able to play Wizardry 8 at all, some people on this forum recommended it & it was the next game I was to buy. I can play most games OK on my computer although W&W is a bit choppy, I just live with it. I have a 566 celeron with only 64meg ram, though I will hopefully upgard to 256 soon.
I find this site very slow to load, up to 3 minutes to change screens. Broadband is not available here, I hope that Telstra will find a way to deliver it via my foxtel dish.
Does North America get broadband internet via satillite or am I just dreamin.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 02:42 AM   #13
morningstar
The Magister

Hi Kev,
Yes, you need the 3D card or it will not work. My computer just kept scanning for it and would not load the game. It says on the game box that you need one. My computer is slow too, had to replace my motherboard which had a basic 3D card on, got a second hand Aopen AX59Pro CPU AMD K6-2. Gave me a little more memory but is very slow. I would check out what you have before purchasing Wizardy 8, unless like me you will have to upgrade. I never seem to be able to keep up with the technology. Oh, well!
Old 07-24-2002, 02:49 AM   #14
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Do you know if you can just plug in a video card instead of changing your whole motherboard.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:54 AM   #15
morningstar
The Magister

Kev,
Depends on your system, but you probably will be able to. My motherboard needs replacing though. We (my sons & I) are looking at getting a Voodoo card which can be plugged in. When finances permit of course.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:05 AM   #16
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I guess I'll have to find my manual to see what I've got. I just checked the game manual for W&W, they suggest a 16MB card & they support the voodoo card you mentioned.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:18 AM   #17
morningstar
The Magister

Kev,
Hope you can get Wizards 8 working, have heard it is a great game. It
s got fairies in it this time and looking at the manuel looks a lot like W & W but more up-to-date. There are some cheaper alternatives to Voodoo though and if you look on the internet you might find a supplier near you that could help. Especially if your system is like mine. Best luck with the search. I am signing off for now, see you all soon.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:48 AM   #18
WillowIX
Apophis

Morningstar IŽd skip the Vodoo card if I were you. The vodoo is a great card but it has several compatibility issues with newer games. IŽd recommend going for a Geforce2 card. They shouldnŽt be that expensive anymore. They work with everything. I got wizardry8 myself and the specifications says 3D accelerator. If you want to save some money post a thread on the wiz8 board and ask if a simple 8Mb card will be enough. Those rea REALLY cheap (but not very good).
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 10:49 AM   #19
Radek
Red Dragon

The teleporting problem. Perhaps, the meermaid prevented you from teleporting. If it is the case then the problem mechanism might be the same as the one of the "cannot vanish from that damned door" problem. You can check what was the problem by returning to the place where you got stuck with the mermaid and try to teleport again - but now without the meermaid [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2002, 01:24 AM   #20
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Kev wrote:
Quote:
Do you know if you can just plug in a video card instead of changing your whole motherboard
You can just change the video card, but you need to doublecheck one thing before you buy the new one: does your machine require a PCI or AGP video card?

Older motherboards don't support AGP, while both old and new MBs support PCI. However, AGP is a superior hardware solution which is replacing PCI in new machines. Check to see what yours has before buying a new one.

And one final suggestion: back up your machine before installing the new video card. A new card means new drivers, and new drivers can sometimes invalidate old drivers, which can leave you with a computer that no longer displays anything you can read... and you can't always just have Windows remove the old drivers, either. Sometimes, it lies...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote