Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2002, 07:08 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It's RARE that I have these types of problems, but I BET I know why they are happening:

My Geforce4 4600Ti died, and is being replaced, but in the mean time, I have installed my ATI Radeon 8500 64Mb card.. (I think it's the card) because a few other games don't like it either.

But what happens, is when I right click on my characters window in IWD2, it will sometimes freeze. and I mean a hardlock. (Have to hit reset button!)

So I went into the display prop's and made everything default, and it seems to have helped, but this all started AFTER I installed the patch..

Just wondering if anyone else has had these problems? And with what type of video card.

I'll be happy when my Geforce4 gets shipped back... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-22-2002, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 07:40 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Did you try going in your advanced graphic setting, and lowering your acceleration setting?
Old 10-22-2002, 09:41 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Did you try going in your advanced graphic setting, and lowering your acceleration setting?
Oh yeah Luvian, tried it all.. I did uninstall the new drivers and went back to some older ones, and it seems (so far) ok.

I'm a tech, so these types of things are very rare for me.. I have been playing it on my laptop though (With no patch) and it's working fine. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:43 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I hope it is just the card, Ziroc...I actually ahve not even played my game since patching, so I do not know, but this is the first I've heard of it...plus...you've reminded me that I was supposed to check to see if my PC needs dusting! I'll need to do that tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:35 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Now that you mention it, I think I did have a few crashs. I remember one happened when I was memorising spells on my cleric, but my game never frooze as far as I can remember.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 10:24 PM   #6
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I'm using the same card in a pent 4/2.0 GIG at full aceleration and have no problem. the week before the new patch came out I downloaded the latest driver off the Radeon site I don't remember the version number but they had a long list of what its improved and seems to be OK here.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:55 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Z,

No problems with lockups before or after patch. I'm running with my old trusty voodoo5 5500. (No snickering from the gallery .... lol)

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 05:58 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I've seen alot of talk on the official black isle troubleshooting forum about these cards (the Radeons) locking games up just so you know. I myself am running it with a voodoo banshee and, despite their infamy it works fine. The most common problem I have seen is that the radeon does not seem to like static animations at all so that may be something to look into.
But if you still have trouble try asking someone over there maybe? The game producer himself replies to posts so that can only be a good thing right?
BTW Ziroc how are you finding it? Don't u agree that it's like the best condition we've ever seen the infinity engine in? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-26-2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 10-26-2002, 08:38 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I am using a Vodoo 3 3000...
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 01:47 AM   #10
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Well I just have the stock card in my system. But the patch didn`t effect me in any adverse.. way... seems to actually work better...

[ 10-27-2002, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Lord Corwin ]