Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 07:23 PM   #1
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

I have a question about the Iron Golem and Fire Golem. The Fire Golem is higher up on the skill tree and absorbs fire but his damage is greatly reduced in higher difficulties. In Nightmare most monsters are fire resistant and a bunch are immune. Is there any point in getting a fire golem when you can get an iron golem which does physical damage, has built in thorns, and can get bonus stats from items?
Old 11-06-2002, 01:53 AM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

i've never played as a necromancer but i always thought the iron golem looked the best, also you can have more points in it quicker cause it's lower level
Old 11-06-2002, 02:30 AM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Neither are good. The iron golem seems good, but why would a player want to waste a good item (or money) on an item just to make a 5-minute golem? Fire golems are decent, but they are of no use unless you're combating fire-wielding monsters. The blood golem is the necromancer's choice, it does wave your health around, but it lasts the longest (and takes the least amount of mana)
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:55 PM   #4
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

first, it doesn't necesarrily have to be a item he can use, and magic items are a plenty in d2, and gold is even more plentiful
Old 11-06-2002, 03:56 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Any item worth making an iron golem out of is not worth wasting.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 12:25 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Put some Perfect Diamonds in an appropriate Paladin Shield and behold... an elemental-immuned Iron Golem. Bosses fear my Iron Golem on players8 difficulty. The ingredients are a dime a dozen too.

Blood Golems suffer VERY badly against elemental attackers, especially on Hell difficulty.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote