Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2002, 10:49 AM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Ok, I signed up "ronnbman" and have requested to join Ironworks there. I think I'm building a station and some probes. Anyone have some hints, clues, ideas, or instructions.
Old 02-13-2002, 11:01 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Welcome to the alliance then Ronn. I hope you'll enjoy your stay.
Old 02-13-2002, 11:34 AM   #3
Heqakheperre Shoshenq II
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Be very careful Ronn! That game can become very addictive! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm in the Ironworks Alliance too... 'Heqakheperre' 4:5:2:20
Old 02-13-2002, 12:10 PM   #4
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Hmmm...not only welcome, Ronn...but some suggestion have been left for you on the forum.

Legolas and I even had a mild disagreement over them. [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL

Mostly: build mines and probes quickly and keep your facilities building...try to start a new one as SOON as you can after the previous one finishes....when you are ready to colonize ask questions and we'll help you. Once you've got a couple colonies, start farming for cheaper mines and probes (again, ask when you are ready to do so and we'll help).

Read the Holopad messages for info. Check the forums for information and heads ups on attacks. Keep an eye on Alliance Status (under Politics) to see who is up to what and where...

Anything else..ingame e-mail at EQ, PM here, post here or post on the Alliance Forum ingame. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 02-13-2002, 03:56 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hi Ronn! Have fun [img]smile.gif[/img] . It is very addictive, but what can you do?
Old 02-14-2002, 12:17 AM   #6
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Just make sure you keep building heaps of mines and probes (about equal numbers), that way you will have heaps of resources.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-14-2002, 04:23 PM   #7
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I said it there and I will say it here WELCOME to the alliance [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

build build build
Old 02-15-2002, 10:30 AM   #8
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Bahhh....you people don't even know the meaning of the word addictive *LMAO*

Ronn, build as many M/P as you can along with fighters for the time being. The rest should come slowly but if you have any questions just put a post up on the forum and I'm sure people will help you with it all. Also a lot of the members use MSN there so don't hesitate to ask for help from them. I am not in IW alliance anymore but if you really need someone to spend some time going through it all for you just MSN me at dragonaud@hotmail.com and I'll explain what everything is for you and make sure you get a good idea of how the whole game works [img]smile.gif[/img]