Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2002, 04:12 AM   #21
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I would hope they remake Quest for Glory 2: Trial by Fire...

Oh, Neb- have u played Dragon Fire ?? (It is from my sources, the last of the series. It is QFG-V)
If you havent, I would not recomend it... it is very linear, and almost entire hack-and-slash. Also, it has an interface different to the sierra standard...

And ofcourse, Police Quest. Now theres a good game...
Old 02-12-2002, 05:25 AM   #22
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Police Quest was corrupted when they made it into SWAT, then it became a shooter.

And QFG V is the last of the series, and it's pretty good in my opinion.

However, if you look around a bit you might be able to find the site of a bunch of people who are making a QFG VI.

By the way, does anyone have the PSX remake of the SNES game Chrono Trigger? I can't find it anywhere
Old 02-12-2002, 06:09 AM   #23
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Police Quest was corrupted when they made it into SWAT, then it became a shooter.

Agreed. Yosimo entertainment (the branch of Sierra responsible for QFG, PQ, KQ, SQ, etc) was taken over or something, and began making realy stupid games, like SWAT. Shortly after it was taken from Lori and Cori Cole, (the original owners) it was shut down, hardly surprisingly.
Yeah, I saw something about Quest for Glory 6... when I was lurking about the Sierra Forums... if only, if only I could have registered... but, they were not at the time taking some free email servers (such as yahoo and hotmail, where all of my numeous addresses lie).
QFGV was fairly alright... I personally think it was lacking in story line depth, and once you played through it once, it was ruined for you... same quests for all 4 character types... and the spells/ palading abilities were just plain stupid!! There was one good joke in it, IIRC, when you played as a paladin, and went to one of the Dragon Pillars... if it had a single goon, the message read
"by the pricking of your thumbs, something stupid nearby comes" an obvious bastardisation of Macbeths (I think, anyway)
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes".. had me laughing for hours!!
Also, I hated the combat system... none of the monsters knew how to dodge!! Thats where I liked So you want to be a hero I used to have lots of fun getting rich from Dab-nab-it, and clearing out the Goblin Central Combat Training Zone...

Also, Neb- in So you want to be a hero, did you play the original, or the remake ?? I have played both, myself... (some edition of the first 4, and the original version of SUWTBAH) I prefered the remake.. faster, and more challenging (I couldnt overcome the erge to cheat to raise my stats to phenominal extremes in the oringinal!! )
Old 02-12-2002, 06:19 AM   #24
Neb

I've never played "So you want to be a hero(I)" or "Trial by fire(II)"

I've played "Wages of War(III)", "Shadows of Darkness(IV)" and "Dragon Fire(V)".

SoD was my favorite

Never managed to find that damn Whirlwind spell though

And my character from SoD which I tried to import to Dragon Fire was screwed up because I'd completed some quests in the wrong order and ended up with the spell to free Erana's staff still in my spellbook when it should have dissapeared

I miss my mage [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2002, 06:39 AM   #25
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

OMG!!! I wanna have a Chrono Trigger game that is in full 3d!!! ahh!!! the pain of not being remade is a lot for me... I want my SNES back (my dog ate the cord) and play it there!!!... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2002, 06:45 AM   #26
Neb

quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
OMG!!! I wanna have a Chrono Trigger game that is in full 3d!!! ahh!!! the pain of not being remade is a lot for me... I want my SNES back (my dog ate the cord) and play it there!!!... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Chrono Trigger PSX remake, I want it too..... I NEED IT! Aaaaargh!

Best damn RPG I ever played was Chrono Trigger for the SNES [img]tongue.gif[/img] I had more fun with it than I did BG2 [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'd buy a PSX just to play that one game if I could find it [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2002, 06:39 AM   #27
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:

Never managed to find that damn Whirlwind spell though

And my character from SoD which I tried to import to Dragon Fire was screwed up because I'd completed some quests in the wrong order and ended up with the spell to free Erana's staff still in my spellbook when it should have dissapeared

Whirlwind- Your character cannot find it in SOD. It is rumoured that the fairy queen will sometimes use it on you instead of frostbite, but I have never experianced this. It is like Thermonuclearblast in WOW. (wow- that spells wow!! wow!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), your character cannot get the scroll of it until DF, (the Famous Adventurer gives it to you). Although it is IN wow... the Demon Lord will use it on you if you take too long at the end.
And the wirlwind scroll you get from Erasmus in DF.

I would recomend you travel to Spielburg and Shapier (SUWTBAH and TBF respectively), because it will give you a bit of background to the last 3. For example, you will meet Fenrus and Erasmus in Spielburg, and infact get the Dazzle spell from them if you do the right stuff... and you meet Uhura and Rakeesh Sah Tarna in TBF... they run the guild hall... also, Elsa Von Spielburg and Toro (Toro like hero man!!) in SUWTBAH. Its actually quite fun...
Old 02-13-2002, 06:42 AM   #28
Neb

You CAN get the Thermonuclear Blast spell in WOW, I can't remember exactly how to get it, but I KNOW that I got it at one point.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:21 AM   #29
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

quote:

Chrono Trigger PSX remake, I want it too..... I NEED IT! Aaaaargh!

Best damn RPG I ever played was Chrono Trigger for the SNES [img]tongue.gif[/img] I had more fun with it than I did BG2 [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'd buy a PSX just to play that one game if I could find it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I thought to myself, buying a PS won't do any good coz i am already screwed in the first place coz of no money. Deal with what I have, so this is it. I hope they make one for the PC, although I know it is already hopeless... but hey, anythings possible...

I am gonna pray for the more possible stuff... so please Lord God make a FFX PC version!!! *drools* [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2002, 07:23 AM   #30
Neb

quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:

I thought to myself, buying a PS won't do any good coz i am already screwed in the first place coz of no money. Deal with what I have, so this is it. I hope they make one for the PC, although I know it is already hopeless... but hey, anythings possible...

I am gonna pray for the more possible stuff... so please Lord God make a FFX PC version!!! *drools* [img]smile.gif[/img]

Heh, if you lack the cash for a PS(Hell, so do I [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), then there are free emulators....