Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2002, 05:28 AM   #71
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Damn it, I aint using no pansy throwing weapons in the future....just charge in and let the blood flow [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bah! [img]tongue.gif[/img] The tactics would have worked but I didnt know you could use scrolls.
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 08:33 AM   #72
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Huzzah, and good fight, now if we can just get Oogh Ugly to fight us in a 3way match.

[ 07-30-2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 09:21 AM   #73
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Im confused as to what is considered to be a magic item. Can we bring potions in?

Mmmmmm the tasty goodness of a level up
I'll admit that I had some qualms about allowing scrolls in the arena. They do count as a "magic item", but since a scroll can only be used once, I decided to allow it this time.

Also, I had been suggesting that everybody try to think of ways to gain an advantage...and Morgan was the only one who asked about buying scrolls.

I looked at it this way. Morgan is a spellcaster and is wanting to purchase some extra spells to use.....that isn't any different than Neb buying the shurikens or Kharn buying extra handaxes.

Potions are one use items too, but they're not the same as buying extra spells, so I probably would NOT have allowed him to buy potions.

I know that may seem a little unfair, but Morgan, Mortilas, and Encard are the only ones I would have even allowed to buy scrolls....only because spells are part of their offense already.

But take heart, I believe the next Post might make you feel a little better about it.
Cerek the Barbaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 09:46 AM   #74
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

After the 3-way fight is completed and clerics have tended to Neb and Kharn, the active members receive a notice to meet Cerek in the common room of the DragonSlayer Inn - just across the road from the Octagon.

After everyone arrives, Cerek shows up and motions for them to follow him to a room towards the back. Once there he turns to the assembled warriors.

"I want to congratulate all of you on the job you've done in the Octagon. You've provided our friends at IronWorks with many exciting battles, and the time has come to reward you for your efforts.

With the Battle Royal coming up, I've decided to make some changes to the Octagon Rules. ALL of you are skilled in your own way, but some of you have natural advantages that are difficult for the others to overcome. So, I've decided to try and "even the odds" for everybody for the upcoming Battle Royal.

Down the hallway to the right of the common room is a shop called THE TREASURE ROOM. It is run by a mage named Addison Sinclair and contains all manner of magical items. It was from this shop that Morgan's scrolls were purchased.

Addison allows customers into the shop by appointment only, and I have scheduled an appointment for each of you."

Cerek watches the looks of stunned excitement cross the face of the fighters.

"That right. EACH of you will be allowed to pick ONE magic item of your choice to carry into ALL your future battles in the Octagon!. You may choose a set of armor, a new weapon, or a wand, staff, ring, whatever.

Now before you get TOO excited, there are a few restrictions. You still cannot have any armor heavier than plate mail and you may not choose a weapon with more than a +2 enchantment. Wands, staves, rods, rings, cloaks, boots, etc will be evaluated to make sure they fall within this same level of power.

ALL items MUST be approved by me before you may use them. I will evaluate each item and let you know if it is acceptable. I will also keep your choice confidential. It will be up to each individual to decide if they want to let the others know what they chose.

BTW, if you do choose a wand or rod, any charges used will be restored after each fight, so you don't have to worry about your wand "fizzling out" during the middle of a fight. These items will be considered a permanent part of your inventory.

So make your choice and then come see me."

OOC>> In other words, PM your choice to me and I will let you know if it is acceptable. I may wait until I've heard from the majority of you, so that I can make sure everybody is getting an "even shake" on the power level of their item"

OK MEN....LET'S GO SHOPPING!!!
Cerek the Barbaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 12:05 PM   #75
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

cool, now to put the ole brain to use and decide what to buy.....
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 12:33 PM   #76
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Kharn watched silently as the pitiful people line up eagerly in front of the shop, his eyes glaring red hatred. The first entered with a triumphant grin splayed across his half-orc face, the hulking brute swaggering with his self-importance.
A foul breed the half orcs Kharn thought, but one worthy of watching for their ferocity in battle and so indeed one to be sacrificed to his god of blood. But then in the end worthy or not, all of these aspiring fighters and mages would end in the grasp of his god.
As he looked down at the jostling and pushing in the line he felt his bloodlust rising to the surface, but forcefully he pushed it down. Now was not the time he told himself.
Turning his back on them in disgust, he strode from the sight of the others quickly before the anger started to boil over.
"Why must I put up with these unsufferable people?" he growled lowly to himself.
But as he spoke the words, the heresy still lingering on his very breath he felt the presence of the blood god around him.
*Do not think to question my judgement fool! Your place is to obey, and obey you shall or it will be your skull that is next added to my throne.
I require the blood, yours or another will do but fail me much more and I shall not suffer you to live out your life.
Take this, and think not but that you shall spill blood till the rivers run red, then may you prove yourself worthy.
Trembling with the shock as the god of blood left his presence, Kharn stood on the spot trying to regain his focus. But as he gazed to the ground, he saw his axe lying there covered with a film of gore.
And as he looked on the axe started to reform in another shape, The handle stretching until it was a metre long, the pommel at the end forming into the face of a daemon, its grotesque fangs dripping a venom to the ground. The axe blade warped until the metal had taken on a deformed shape, the mark of Khorne emblazoned boldly across the sides.
As he reached down in awe and grasped the axe firmly in his hands he heard a silent voice in his mind.
*I am Kezorath, together you and I shall make the grounds bleed red. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!*

OOC. Its just a +2 axe but instead of getting it from the shop tried to keep in charachter. Cerek is it possible to be able to use the other end of the axe with the fangs as a kind of spear that does poison damage?
AzureWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 01:47 PM   #77
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

*Grindall Walks In*

"Okay, I've Returned . Ah've Been Away Helping Me Friend Catti Brie Fight Ogres In The Mountains Near Thethyr, And Now I'm Back, And A Little More Battle Hardend That Before. I've Been Here Since The Beginning, Before You Guys Were Learnin' Which Bit Of A Sword Was The Hilt And Which Were The Blade. I Jus' Had To Leave To Provide A Bit O' Support For A Friend In Need. Ah've Only Been Beaten Once, EVER, And I'll Be Darned If It Happens Again... Damned Gramluk... Lucky Shot. But Hat's Of To The Bastard, He's A Tough Dwarf. I Thought I'd Got Him After That Shot To The Head I Give 'im. Just Them Beserkers Can Take Alorra Punishment Befores They Go Down.
I've Fought In Tag Teams, And Three Ways So I'm Ready For Anything...

Right, Who Wants A Peice Of Me!!!"

*Grindall Slams His Hammer Into A Table, Smashing It In Two*

[ 07-24-2002, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Beaumanoir ]
Old 07-23-2002, 07:06 PM   #78
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You dont have to show your stats in public like at HADB. Just PM them to Cerek. I would delete that info so everyone doesn't have a unfair advantage on you

[ 07-23-2002, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: caleb ]
Old 07-23-2002, 07:27 PM   #79
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

actually, im sure that character isnt allowed, i think it is WAY over the 85 point limit. just a hunch however.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 07:51 PM   #80
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I counted 83 points actually. I didnt use a pencil and paper though so I could be wrong.