Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2002, 06:33 PM   #41
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Good fights Cerek Its a joy to hear the shouts of the crowd in the Octagon once again.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:37 PM   #42
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You dont have to worry about not having a father anymore Oorg because tonight I AM YOUR DADDY!
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 12:43 PM   #43
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

good battle Mortilas, and i would be honored to have you as my partner again.

OOC- Damn those dwarves and their vast hit points!! i thought i would have won that fight, heh. good battles though, i was thoroughly enjoying myself.

[ 07-15-2002, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Morgan_Corbesant ]
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 01:43 PM   #44
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

lol, actually with the tactics I posted I thought I was going to lose, I took more of a defensive role than normal
Old 07-15-2002, 03:59 PM   #45
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

so?! who is next in battling me? im up for any challenge, and will even work with someone in a larger battle. maybe a battle royal, where we ALL fight to the finish!! that would be awesome, kinda like a huge grand melee!! heh.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:26 PM   #46
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
....maybe a battle royal, where we ALL fight to the finish!! that would be awesome, kinda like a huge grand melee!! heh.
It's funny you should mention that, Morgan. While that wasn't one of the "surprises" I was talking about earlier, it IS the way I designed the PnP version of the Octagon.

It was originally designed to be a 3-day tournament and I had worked out a system that should give everybody from a 10th lvl mage up to a 30th lvl beserker an EQUAL chance of winning the whole thing.

Here's how I broke it down.

Round 1 - Non-magical combat. Fighters, clerics, and multi-class dual each other WITHOUT any magical weapons or items. Mages would only fight other mages in a spell-slinger battle.

Round 2 - Hide and Seek. The tournament members would be "turned loose" in an abandoned section of town and given 30 minutes to hide or make whatever preparations they desired. Then, the hunt was on. This could also be done in teams if enough people showed up, but I never allowed party members to team up together. You had to work with somebody completely unknown, to utilize all your skills and strategy.

Round 3 - Team combat. Again - members would be "paired up" and face off against each other (much like our 2 and 3 way battles). This time, though, characters could use ALL their magic items.

Round 4 - BATTLE ROYAL. Each character was allowed to bring ONE magical item/weapon of their choice into the Octagon. ALL members entered, and then it was open mayhem till only one person was standing. ONE NOTE about the magical items - if your character went down, somebody else could "pick up" your item and use it. The item would be returned to the rightful owner at the end of the combat, but NO CHARGES would be replaced. In other words, if you brought in a LUCK BLADE, and fell - somebody else could burn ALL the Wishes stored in it, and you would just be out of luck.

Each round awarded different points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd - and the winner was the one with the most points.

I only got to run it one time to completion, and then only with 3 players, but it was a LOT of fun.

So after the 3-way combat,

WE WILL HAVE A BATTLE ROYAL IN THE OCTAGON!!!!

[ 07-16-2002, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]
Cerek the Barbaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 01:32 PM   #47
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

SWEET!! heh, damn, now IM the psychic one, lol.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:24 AM   #48
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

*Mortilas opens his eyes and turns his head to Morgan*
"You are a good fighter, I never saw that one coming", he says and then becomes unconscious again.

OOC: Fair fight [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
And Cerek, I'm looking forward to that Battle Royal , good idea!
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 06:41 PM   #49
Cerek the Barbaric

Alright IronWorks Fans.....it's time for some more fights. [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]

I only have the big 3-way battle left to do - and I need tactics from Mortilas/Morgan/Deathkiller's team to do that.

Then...it will be time for the

BATTLE ROYAL!!!

Old 07-17-2002, 06:45 PM   #50
Cerek the Barbaric

Deathkiller vs Mortilas

Our next fight features the return of Mortilas, the Bladesinger. The Healers have tended to his wounds and restored him to full health. His opponent will be the enigmatic ranger known as Deathkiller.

Deathkiller enters first from the East Gate. His long spear is strapped to his back, next to a quiver full of arrows. In his hand, he carries his long bow. He wears plain leather armor, designed to blend in with the foliage of the wilderness. He waves to the crowd as he approaches his starting mark.

Mortilas comes in from the West Gate a moment later. Although he bears no outward signs of his wounds, his chest still aches terribly and a small stab of pain accompanies each breath. He stops short of his mark and begins twirling his halberd round and round in an offensive spin. The move has many purposes: 1) to excite the crowd, 2) to loosen his muscles, and 3) to intimidate his opponent. The first two are accomplished easily enough, but the third goal does not seem to be achieved. Mortilas ends his routine and takes his mark.

The fight begins.

Mortilas begins by casting an Armor spell to increase his protection. Deathkiller sends two arrows flying his way. Neither of them hit the mark nor come close enough to disrupt the spell. As soon as the spell is complete, Mortilas begins to advance with his halberd. Deathkiller prefers the advantage the bow gives him and backs up to maintain some distance. He fires two more arrows and smiles as both of them find their mark. Mortilas winces in pain from the arrows, but is not hurt badly enough to stop the fight. He presses onward, spinning his flashing blade faster and faster as he advances.

Another volley of arrow flies from the ranger’s bow, but only one connects with the elf this time. As Deathkiller pulls two more arrows from his quiver, Mortilas charges ahead with cat-like quickness and is now face-to-face with his opponent. He shoves the spiked tip of his halberd into the rangers’ stomach and twists it. Deathkiller is amazed at the surge of pain that flows through his body. He didn’t remember ever being hurt that bad before. With no room to fire arrows, he swings his bow like a club and smacks Mortilas in the side of his head.

The attack catches Mortilas off-guard and almost knocks him to the ground. Deathkiller is tempted to strike him again, but knows he needs to put some distance between himself and that nasty, spinning blade. He retreats several steps and fires two more arrows. Both of them miss.

Mortilas advances again, spinning his halberd around his head. He rushes in before Deathkiller has enough time to nock another arrow. One swing from his massive halberd strikes Deatkiller in the side, opening a huge wound that pours blood freely. Deathkiller manages to fire one more arrow before Mortilas closes the gap. This one hits the elf in the upper leg, slowing him down momentarily, but then he continues on. As he gets within striking distance, the whistling of his blade rises from the arena floor. In a flash, the weapon is brought down, leaving a long cut on Deathkillers side and abdomen.

Once again, Deathkiller has to improvise his attack. This time, he jams the end of the bow into the stomach of his opponent, knocking the breath out of him. As Mortilas tries to catch his breath, Deathkiller runs back far enough to be out of the halberd’s reach and fires two more arrows. The Bladesinger is still too stunned from the punch to the stomach to avoid the arrows, and both of them sink into his chest with a sickening thunk. He looks up at the ranger as the halberd slides out of his hand, then he slowly sinks to the ground.

Deathkiller: 3000xp 1 Reputation point.
Mortilas: 1500xp