Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 05:37 PM   #21
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I sent my tactics, just saying...
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 08:37 PM   #22
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
oh, no problems at all sir regin. i think it is a great idea. the abilities of a bladesinger, with the reach of a halberd? DAYUM. i chose longsword because it is easy to wield, allows the use of the single weapon fighting style, and elves get a bonus when using it. so it made a logical choice for me. personaly, i like the idea of a halberd wielding bladesinger. its different, and out of the norm. that is why i like Drizzt too. he is WAY out of the norm for a Drow. too bad they WONT teach the bladesong to the Drow, that would be cool, heh.
Yeah, I think the drows temper and attitude would mix quite well with an evil bladesinger..

no, im talking a GOOD bladesinger. Drizzt isnt the only good drow. they have a good deity in their pantheon in fact. one of the seven sisters of the chosen of mystra is a drow priestess. i would be a chaotic good drow fighter/mage who is a chosen of mystra if i were able. that would ROCK!!!
Perhaps one of us should try that some other time aye? Could be real fun [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 08:13 PM   #23
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

wow, if this thread doesnt pick up soon, i may have to retire my character. i hope this wont be like mitro's page. (whatever happened to him anyway?)
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 07-06-2002, 11:46 PM   #24
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Maybe Cerek just needed a vacation, no worries, you can still have fights in my or any of the other RP places about here. Infact im going to have a little bit of an ork slaying fest comming up if anyone's interested...
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 01:28 AM   #25
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Cut him a break his wife just had a kid. We dont want the CPS to raid his house for neglect right
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 01:35 AM   #26
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

im not talking about cerek, for petes sake, im talking about EVERYONE else. cerek isnt the ONLY member in this thread, sheesh.

[ 07-09-2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Morgan_Corbesant ]
Old 07-07-2002, 05:16 AM   #27
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks for the support from all of you. I do appreciate it.

Caleb is right, the new baby has REALLY cut into my PC time. By the time we get all 3 in bed, I'm so exhausted I can hardly hold my eyes open. If I try to stay up "for a little while", the baby usually wakes up before I go to bed, so then I end up not getting in bed until about 1am. I have to get up at 5am to get ready for work.

I can manage that 1 or 2 nights a week, but then I just crash for the rest of the week (just can't go without sleep like I could in my younger days).

I appreciate Deathkiller offering you guys an alternative in between fights. I really do apologize for the length of time between "Posted Fights". I know how much I looked forward to seeing the results of my fights on Mitro's old page, and how anxious I would get when I had to wait.

To be honost, I don't see any changes in the near future. I would like to work on the fights for a little while each night, but that just isn't possible right now.

Anyway, I HAVE started on the current lineup and will Post the results as quickly as I can. I greatly appreciate your patience.

BTW, Morgan, I "spoke" with Mitro a while back. He had to pursue some r/l issues regarding his ex and his son.
Cerek the Barbaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 05:18 AM   #28
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:Ah well in that case get the role-play ball rolling and I will join you

IC:Hey elf why are you standing alone talking to yourself. You saying your last rights before fighting me.
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 10:56 AM   #29
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have an update on the fights, but I also have a question for everyone here.

All the fights have been run, except for Oorg vs Meegosh and the big 3-way fight.

I haven't had a chance to start writing them up yet, but will try to at least start on them tonight.

Now then, I realize the wait for these fights seems to be getting longer and longer. I apologize for that, but there isn't much I can do to improve it right now. I have had a couple of people mention it to me through PM's that the thread seems to be getting dormant.

So, my question is this? DO YOU WANT THE OCTAGON TO CLOSE DOWN?

I simply don't have a lot of time to devote to it right now. That should change somewhat when the boys go back to school next month, but free time is hard to come by with 3 kids in the house.

I have some more plans for the Octagon (new monsters and characters), but I can't promise how quickly they can be implemented.

So, I will leave it up to the members. If you want to take your character to another thread where they may "level up" faster, that will be fine and there will be no hard feelings in any way.

I truly enjoy running the Octagon and I honostly wish I could work on it everyday, but I simply can't do that.

The choice is yours to make. You've seen how long it takes to get the fights Posted. If you would rather go somewhere else, I'll understand completely.

If you want to stay, let me know, and I will give a "preview" of some of my future plans.
Cerek the Barbaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 01:18 PM   #30
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hey, Cerek, I'm staying. Ain't nothing that could get me to abandon this cool thread [img]smile.gif[/img]

The long wait just makes it that much more special when a fight gets posted. But perhaps you could team up with someone who could take over when your RL is taking up too much of your time [img]smile.gif[/img] Perhaps just someone to roll up the battles, or someone who could write them up after you rolled them [img]smile.gif[/img]
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote