Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2002, 01:10 PM   #221
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Well Considering Me And Neb Are Both Accepting Challenges... I Challenge Neb...

If He Accepts, Theres Your 3rd Fight
Old 09-12-2002, 03:02 PM   #222
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Cerek my tactics vs caleb have been sent.
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 08:41 PM   #223
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Cerek, my tactics vs Kelryn are all yours...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 10:38 PM   #224
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've been giving a lot of thought about what to do with this thread. After the fight between Grindall and Neb, I would like to hold off on any more challenges right now.

Grindall will be eligible to visit the Treasure Room after the fight. That leaves Bacardi, Lorath, and Dravin as the only ones who won't have any magic. So, I propose a 3-way fight between them, after which, all three will also be eligible to visit the Treasure Room themselves.

THEN, I'm going to throw some different challenges into the Octagon. Some captured monsters and such. I am also going to open a new thread to allow more Roleplaying of your characters. It will be called The DragonSlayer Inn.

I will be running a PnP-type dungeon in which your characters will go out looking for the monsters instead of waiting for them to come to you. Any combat or battles will be "semi-controlled" by me as the DM. I will allow you to make your own rolls for initiative, "to hit", and damage. I trust everyone to be fair. Right now, I only have the vaguest of ideas as to what the quest will be. Actually, it will be more like an ongoing campaign and will run similar to the Baldur's Gate games. There will be one big objective to accomplish, but several smaller ones that will need to be completed first.

Alright, that's the plan as it stands right now. Check out the next post where Cerek will announce the beginning of the adventure for the Octagon Warriors
Cerek the Barbaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 10:45 PM   #225
Cerek the Barbaric

ATTENTION ALL OCTAGON WARRIORS!!!

You're presence is requested at the DragonSlayer Inn, located across the way from the Octagon. Each of you has proven your skill in battle and these skills are now required outside of the arena.

You are to meet me there at your earliest convenience. We will be meeting in a large room down the hallway to the left from the common room. Just ask the propietor, Ben Stone where to find it if you have any questions.

I'll see you there.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:21 PM   #226
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Dravin walks into the Dragon Slayer Inn and approaches Ben Stone. "good day Ben" he says. "im looking for the gathering room for all of the Octagon fighters. our presence was requested, but alas im lost. you see, ive never been here, and i dont know where anything is yet". Ben Stone smirked at Dravin, and pointed to the direction of the gathering place. Dravin went into the room and sat at a large table surrounded by many chairs. their were mugs on the table too, enough for each person sitting to have one. Dravin took a mug, and filled it with fresh water, then drank it down slowly. "best not to dehydrate, just in case i have to do battle soon" he thought. at that Dravin drew his beautiful katana, and proceeded to pass the time by going over his practice movements. Dravin was determined to be ready for anything......
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 08:55 AM   #227
Cerek the Barbaric

Just wanted to post a reminder that THIS thread isn't "dead". It just might be "settling in for a long winter's nap".

But before it does, we have a couple of battles to resolve.

1. Bacardi vs Kelryn - this game is run and should be written up very soon.
2. Caleb vs Dravin Kyoto - I have tactics from both parties. I may try to run it tonight.
3. Grindall vs Neb - Still waiting to see if Neb is going to accept Grindall's challenge.
4. Bacardi vs Dravin vs Lorath - This is a 3-way designed by me to give each of you the obligatory "3 fights" needed before visiting the Treasure Room and gaining a magic item. If need be, Grindall could be added to the mix if Neb doesn't respond to his challenge. (that would give me one less fight to do).

After these fights are finished, we probably will take a short break from the Octagon to concentrate on the DragonSlayer Inn thread. During the interim, I will try to think of new challenges to make the Octagon even more exciting when we return.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:06 PM   #228
Cerek the Barbaric

Bacardi vs Kelryn, NPC mage

Bacardi had spent a several days – and more than a few coins – in the DragonSlayer Inn trying to learn information about this arrogant little elf that had challenged him. He wanted to know what type of spells the elf used and any particular strategies he followed. He learned that Kelryn had only fought in the Octagon once, but that he had nearly defeated Kharn. The elf had used a Stinking Cloud to immobilize the fighter, then blasted him with a Fireball and Magic Missiles. The fact that a pansy mage had almost bested a beserker in battle made Bacardi a little nervous…..so he decided to take some extra precautions. He meditated and prayed for some specific spells to use on the day of his battle. That morning, when he got up, he cast these new spells on himself before he ever left his room. Endure Heat (in case of a Fireball) and Slow Poison (to counter the Stinking Cloud) now protected him. Both spells would last for several hours…..more than enough time to reach the Octagon, be introduced, enter, and beat this little wisp of an elf into helpless submission.

Kelryn had been doing some research of his own. His arrogance had cost him the first battle. He had foolishly believed that, if he could immobilize the fighter, then the rest of his spells would take him out. But he had underestimated his opponent’s endurance to pain. Now he was facing a much larger opponent. In addition to the extra bulk and strength of the half-ogre, the brute would be able to heal at least some of his wounds. Kelryn had to find a different strategy. He had spent many days pouring over magical tomes, looking for spells that could incapacitate, rather than just do damage. He found some interesting choices, and decided to give them a try. After all, just blasting away with spells hadn’t worked last time. This time, he would use NO “damage” spells. This time, he would be a bit sneakier.

The day of the battle arrived and both combatants made their way to the Octagon. Bacardi was already protected by his first two spells and was ready to get “up close and personal” with this smart-mouthed elf. Kelryn saw Bacardi in the street and decided to let the huge fighter reach the Octagon first. As soon as Cerek was informed of their arrival, he walked to his podium and announced the fight.

“Greetings IronWorks fans, and WELCOME TO THE OCTAGON!!!” We have an interesting fight to start things off today. A contrast in styles from two that have only barely tasted the Octagon experience. First up is Kelryn, the elven mage”. The small elf walked in wearing dark red robes that accented his golden-tanned face. He waved to the crowd and went straight to his mark. “Next we have one of the newest members to join our roster. He is Bacardi, the half-ogre fighter/cleric. Bacardi walked in swinging his halberd – a weapon that looked rather small next to his massive frame. Just before reaching his mark, he stopped and went through a short series of thrusts and parries with his weapon. He ended it with a savage overhead chop that sliced deep into the ground, splitting the marking stone in two. His eyes never left Kelryn during the entire routine; the message was clear…he planned to split the elf the same way he had split the stone. Kelryn returned the steady gaze and gave a derisive smirk at the half-ogre. Cerek saw that the two were in their appointed positions and dropped his hand. A huge gong sounded and the fight began.

Kelryn immediately began casting a spell, trying to catch the Bacardi before he could advance on him. Bacardi, however, had no intention of advancing…at least not yet. He began casting a spell of his own and managed to finish his first. Kelryn had almost completed his first spell when he was suddenly wrapped in Silence. No sound would come out of his mouth, and his spell fizzled on his fingertips. He hadn’t expected such an intelligent move from the lumbering half-ogre and realized he had to move out of the area of the spells' effect, or the fight would be over very quickly. He could only hope that the spell was not centered directly on him, otherwise there would be nothing he could do to attack Bacardi.

As Kelryn ran to one side, Bacardi dropped his halberd and reached for his bow. He fired an arrow at the running elf, but only nicked his shoulder. He took a breath to steady himself and fired his second arrow…it sank into the mage’s side and remained firmly in place. Kelryn yelled in pain as the arrow struck, but nobody heard him. He was still within the spells' area of effect. He managed to hobble a few more steps forward, and suddenly he could hear again. That meant he could also cast another spell. As he tried to decide which spell to use, he noticed Bacardi advancing on him, hands outstretched as if to grab him. To be so big, he could move suprisingly fast. Kelryn had to think of something fast. He reached into his pouch again and pulled out the component for a new spell he discovered in the tomes he had pored through. Chanting quickly, he traced the necessary symbols in the air.

Bacardi almost had the elf in the grasp of his huge hands when he felt a wave of magical energy hit him. As he continued to advance, the elf seemed to transform before his very eyes. His cheekbones became more shallow, his skin more ashen, and his eyes shrank back into his head as his hair flowed back into his skull. Bacardi had faced undead before, but he had never witnessed an actual transformation. The sight of it frightened him for reasons that he could not identify. The elf’s new appearance made him seem much more menacing, frightening, and ….well…..spooky. Bacardi suddenly wanted nothing to do with the fearsome looking mage.

Kelryn recognized the effect his spell was having on his opponent. He had not actually “transformed”, he had merely cast a spell that amplified his opponents deepest fears. The half-ogre that had charged forward with outstretched hands a moment before, now stopped dead in his tracks and looked upon the elf in wide-eyed fear. Kelryn couldn’t resist having a little fun, so he raised his arms over his head and began moaning softly… “Ooooooo……….OOOOoooooooo……Leeeeaaaave my toooooommb!”

He smiled as Bacardi took a couple of nervous steps backwards. “Leeeeaaaaveee, LEEEAAAvvvveee……before I gnaw on your bonessssssss….” The half-ogre began to back up a little faster, holding his hands in front of him defensively.

Kelryn advanced ever so slowly, then suddenly SPRANG forward waving his hands in the air furiously and shaking his head side to side. “aaaaaa……BOOOGA! BOOOGA! BOOOGA! he yelled. That did it. Bacardi turned and fled straight out of the arena, through the entrance tunnel and outside into the street leading to the Octagon. He was still running when he passed the DragonSlayer Inn.

The crowd turned from entranceway where the half-ogre had disappeared and looked back towards the elf in the arena. Kelryn had fallen to the ground and was doubled-over; hands clutching his sides. As the healers rushed to his aid, he suddenly rolled onto his back and started pounding his fist into the ground.

“HAHAHAHAHHAHA……Booga Booga…….HAHAHAHAHAHA”

The elf was laughing so hard, there were tears streaming down his face. One of the workers from inside the entranceway came running back to the arena and gave a signal to Cerek.

Cerek stepped up to the podium and addressed the crowd. “Ladies and gentlemen……..Bacardi has left the building. The winner is Kelryn!”

Kelryn – 3000xp 1 Reputation point
Bacardi – 1500xp
Old 09-20-2002, 11:47 PM   #229
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

ROFLMFAO that was great, congrats to the NPC, I knew there was a reason I didn't trust magic users.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 09:12 AM   #230
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Damn, that was funny! Oh, and Cerek, I hate you...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote