Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 10:22 PM   #51
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

He was silent for the next twenty seconds, tossing and turning the half-elf's plans in his head, detecting for loopholes. It sounded easy enough... almost too easy, except for the first bit... then...

"Why would he need your help, yes?" ~ A girlish voice floated in from outside, causing him to jump. But at the sound of the muffled giggles, he was ready. Whipping out his left hand ferociously, he tugged in his "saviour" - there was no mistaking her tone of voice.

"How the devil did you get in? How much have you heard? Where are you from? And what are you doing here?" ~ He demanded, ignoring her obvious discomfort.

"Let go of me, you brute!" ~ She shrieked lashing out at him with her nails and scratching his right cheek somewhat. At his involuntary release, she stepped aside nimbly, skipping over to behind Cyrus' back ~ "Is this how you treat those who've rescued your puny life? I do declare you're the most ungrateful, dis- honourable boy I've ever met!" ~ Sticking out her tongue at him vehemently.

With narrowed eyes, Aragorn watched her, feeling the irritation sweep across his body like a consuming fire ~ "Answer my question, or face the consequences of being judged a spy. The fact that you saved my life has nothing to do with it." ~ He unsheathed his long sword and advanced towards her, careful to avoid his friend.

"Why, of all the louts in the world..." ~ She began indignantly, then smirked as she whispered to herself. To the paladin's dismay, she had disappeared from sight and was quick-witted enough to hold her tongue for once.

Before he heard the sudden breath upon the back of his neck, he felt a painful twist on his left ear, then a hard knock on his head ~ "You're incredibly rude, Aragorn... yes, that's your name, isn't it?" ~ Another whoosh, and she had stepped out of reach, still invisible ~ "But then, I'm no better..." ~ As time wore on, she sounded more gay, a sign of her feathers slowly unruffling ~ "Anyway, if you'll quit being such a stuffy, impertinent and totally inhospitable boy, I might answer some of your questions... if it pleased me." ~ As an after-thought ~ "I might even abandon my advantage and reappear."

"Alright then." ~ He was still fuming inwardly, but curiousity and the urgency of the cause forbade him from indulging in dramatics. Besides, she did have a point. Grudgingly, he nodded.

A few seconds later, the grown-up imp materialised again. Her dark brown eyes shone as they gazed upon himself, then Cyrus ~ "That sounds like fun, Cyrus. May I join?" ~ Waving aside Aragorn's sudden outburst ~ "Ignore Mr Grumpy over there. I have my spellcasting abilities to offer, and many more than Fantine." ~ An enticing smile crept into her lips ~ "I'm a sorceress, you see... well? How about it then?" ~ She smiled challengingly at the half-elf.

[ 05-15-2002, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 11:03 PM   #52
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Cyrus
~Cyrus looked at the sorceress, halfway between intrigue and bemusement.~ "Well I er..." ~The half-elf shrugged.~ "I don't see why not! We need all the help we can get, Gods know!" ~He looked over at Aragorn curiously.~ "Is it all right with you? Or is she uh..." ~He grinned.~ "Too dominating for you?" ~He chuckled.~ "It's your decision Mr. Grumpy... ER... Aragorn... I'll probably end up dead one way or the other!"

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I'M OUT OF TIME!! NOOOOO! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Sorry Sephers... Promise I'll post tommorow. Here's a little preview: [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] Hee hee hee...
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 11:16 PM   #53
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Hey, no problem Spree. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just do it when you get around to it, and I think that it'll be quite worth waiting for
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 10:06 AM   #54
mistral4543

OOC>>> This is beginning to become a case of ol' Mistral with Silas, isn't it? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

IC>>>
He grimaced at Cyrus, ignoring the impertinent sorceress for a moment ~ "Hell's Gate! You too, Cyrus?!" ~ Heaving a sigh, he wondered briefly why this will-o-the-wisp sought death so fervently. Then, shrugging ~ "It's her life, after all... not mine." ~ His eyes narrowed as they turned towards the girl ~ "You'll have to tell us your name, before we even consider you joining us." ~ Arching an eyebrow, he taunted ~ "You DO have one, don't you?"

She glared at him momentarily, taking a full five seconds before responding ~ "My name is not important..." ~ Waving aside his growing impatience ~ "... but to satisfy your curiousity, Aragorn... my name is Eilonwy. And that is ALL you need to know." ~ She advanced towards the men, clutching the hilt of her dagger ~ "Well? Am I in or out?"

Aragorn stared at her long and hard ~ Why the devil would she do this? ~ Feeling a little uneasy ~ Will she prove to be a liability? ~ Yet it was foolhardy to refuse aid offered so freely... And after all, I feel nothing for her. ~ Gritting his teeth ~ Better for her to be dead than either Fantine or Ursula. ~ A pang of guilt washed over him as the next thought struck him ~ And she deserves anything she gets, for this impetuousness.

Looking up, he caught her curious eye and an involuntary flush crept into his cheeks ~ "Very well, then. You may join us, Eilonwy." ~ His voice cool and unemotional ~ "But do not expect special treatment. You'll be on your own. Don't count on us to save you."

Breaking into peals of laughter, she wiped the tears from her eyes as she stammered ~ "No worries about that, Aragorn... I know how to stay alive... unlike SOME people..." ~ Playfully laying her hand on Cyrus' right shoulder ~ "Right, then! Let's be off on our adventure and you can fill us in on the details as we near towards our goal."

Aragorn watched the two, inwardly sighing ~ If only it were an adventure...

[ 05-17-2002, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 05-17-2002, 05:29 PM   #55
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: Aloha ya'll! I gotta dance to-night (Hawaiin themed!), so don't expect me around from about 6 to 9. I'm gonna see if I can upload a picture. Because I look damn good in a coconut bra! ROFLMAO!
Nah, no coconuts, no grass skirts... ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] Sorry Sephi, I know that dissapoints you.)

Anaquei
(ooc: [img]tongue.gif[/img] All right you little monkey, stop flirting and do your homework!)
~Anaquei darted up a thick-trunked tree like a puma. From above she smirked at you, clinging to a limb.~ "Lorath, dear, it's a baby shower! What're you going to do to 'spice it up' hmmm?" ~She rolled her eyes.~ "Going to steal the silverware? Eat all the pop-tarts?"~She grinned.~ "Wait!" ~Her eyes widened.~ "You're going to rig the musical chairs! SHAME!" ~She laughed, her legs swinging from the branch she was sitting on.~

Cyrus
(ooc: Mistral, Mistral, Mistral... [img]tongue.gif[/img] What am I going to do with you? Taking advantage of handsome, healthy, physically fit young men...)
~Cyrus grinned sideways, a bit of color coming to his pale cheeks.~ "Right you are Miss! If you'll just give Aragorn and I a minute to pack up..." ~He grabbed his pack from the floor of the tent, slinging it over the opposite shoulder. He turned to Aragorn, shrugging weakly, then turned back to Eilonwy.~ "Can you ride?" ~He cleared his throat.~ "ER... A horse that is?"

[ 05-17-2002, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Old 05-17-2002, 05:43 PM   #56
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

(ooc: a shame, i would have liked to see that picture! )

"Oh trust me, I have plenty of ideas!" I winked and stepped under her legs and gave them a slight, playful tug. "Why don't you come on down and I can show you?" Now it was my turn to smirk. "But wait, I guess you'll just have to wait and see at the party, won't you?" Grinning broadly I pulled on her legs and Anaquei fell from the limb and into my arms. After I set her down I place my arm around her waist and resume walking, this time back toward Ravenwood. "You'll have a good time though, I assure you."

[ 05-17-2002, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: SSJ4Sephiroth ]
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 08:40 PM   #57
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>I will just bring Daniel Silverfall into the picture when I see a good spot to enter. Right now, I see now way to make an entrance, and it not seem awkward.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 09:38 PM   #58
mistral4543

"Of course." ~ She flashed a girlish smile at him, then Aragorn ~ "My childhood was not that deprived." ~ For a moment, her lips parted as if to speak more, but she hurriedly clamped her mouth shut, evading the paladin's gaze. Walking towards the flap of the tent, she grinned at the half-elf ~ "I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be here."

Aragorn glanced around the room and located his packpack with satisfaction ~ How thoughtful they've been. ~ Ursula and Fantine. Would he return to meet them, ever again? His facial muscle tensed as he thought of the proud fighter whom he had relied on all this while to get the troops geared up ~ A pity that we part on such unhappy circumstances. ~ Then the unassuming, gentle Fantine ~ She'd do well with someone else. ~ Unsure of what she actually meant to him, he shook his head and swung the pack over his shoulders ~ "Let's go." ~ His tone crisp and urgent.

One by one, the three companions emerged from the tent and Aragorn signalled the nearest soldier ~ "Saddle our horses ready, Soloman." ~ The youth was off in a jiffy, eager to please his superior. Hasty footsteps aproached the group and they turned to see Arthur, Ursula and Fantine.

"You must be the one who teleported us in." ~ Fantine's cheeks paled somewhat at the sight of Eilonwy ~ "Thank you for your assistance." ~ The light in her blue eyes wavered and she toyed with her quarterstaff.

"... and not to mention that you have saved Aragon." ~ The fighter's eyes appeared greener than ever ~ "Aragorn, why does she go instead of myself? For I see you planned to leave without me." ~ Displeasure written all over her dark face.

"I..." ~ He stared at the two ladies, suddenly speechless, silently cursing the boy for not returning with the horses sooner ~ "... you'll be safer here." ~ He managed feebly at last, avoiding Ursula's furious glare.

"Safer? Is that all you have to say?!" ~ Her tone was scornful now, tinged with anger ~ "I did not come out here to be safe, Aragorn! I came to prove myself worthy of being a successor. The successor to the female fighting society!" ~ Furiously, she demanded ~ "Who are you to decide whether or not I am staying here? My father is your superior!"

Too late did she see the error of her actions. The heat came to the paladin's face as his voice grew icy ~ "While in battle, you'll follow Brenner's orders! And in his absence, you'll follow mine!" ~ Wounded pride wore on his masculine face ~ "Do you mean to defy my orders? Or will you once again suppress me with threats of your advantaged position?" ~ He clenched his fists, struggling to keep them from trembling with rage.

"I did not mean that..."

"Oh, look! The horses are here!" ~ Eilonwy have an incongruous cry of delight, swinging herself up deftly and gazing down upon the group ~ "Come on, Aragorn! Kiss and make up, and we're off!" ~ Her cheeks were radiant with excitement.

He scowled at the sorceress, his expression softening as he realised her intention ~ "You're right." ~ Turning back to Ursula ~ "Let's not part in such unamicable terms." ~ He offered a formal handshake ~ "I need you to take care of Fantine for me, anyway."

Ursula looked up, her eyes glistening and blinked several times before she found her voice again ~ "I will do that, Aragorn, but you will come back to us as soon as you can. That is your duty." ~ She walked away, without accepting his offer. Resignedly, he turned to Fantine and gave her a weak smile ~ "Goodbye, Fantine."

With that, he, too, leapt onto his horse as Cyrus did so. The three companions thus began on their journey.

The journey to the dragon's jaws...

[ 05-17-2002, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 05-17-2002, 09:51 PM   #59
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Daniel Silverfall

Tired he was from so much walking. He had run out of tunes to whistle and was now low on supplies which had him living off of whatever he could find. Experience in the field had taught him alot about living off the land, so he was not desperately starving.

In the distance, he thought he could see riders on horseback, but they were too far away for him to determine who they were or do anything useful, other than wish he had a horse. He decided to turn a tad bit to the right and trail them anyway. They were the first live things he had seen yet on this long journey. Maybe they would not kill him, if he was lucky.

[ 05-17-2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 11:19 PM   #60
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc:
WHAT A NIGHT! ~Flops down~ You shoulda been there Seph!
Who wants to see the pictures?!!
Click Here!
Hee hee... Just 4 of 'em now. Tell me if ya'll have any trouble. Ah... I'll post a seperate thing for IC replies. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Sephi's gotta see this, NOW! ROFLMAO!