Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2002, 05:15 PM   #11
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Lorath walked across the town and came to a stop just outside the inn. He looked up to remind himself that it was the right place and strode in. It was the exact same as when he left. The place had always had an air of elegance about it, with low-burning candles placed frequently and oaken tables set in rows with chairs all around. Hard-wood floors peeked through from under thatched rugs, and the stairs had red carpeting on them. He had expected it to turn out from the beginning of the establishment though; he had known Aoln since they were just a few seasons old, and he had always had refined tastes. "Hello there Aoln," Lorath greeted the innkeeper. "How's business been doing lately?"
"Just as well as always!" the inkeeper answered. He adjusted his trousers and asked, "So, what brings you back to good ol' Ravenwood? More adventure? Or have you finally decided to take a break from that dangerous profession?"
"Oh, I just came back to show my sister the rewards of my last dungeon crawl," he told Aoln. "Say, is your sister in town right now?"
Aoln fixed him with a scrutinizing gaze. They were the same age, but he had always thought of himself as Lorath's watcher, someone to keep him in check. "Yes, in fact she is. Why would you happen to ask that?"
"Oh, no reason." He winked after that and continued, "It's just that she always seemed like a very... interesting young elf, and I would like to get to know her better."
"If you wanna dater just say so! Nothing to fear from me, I assure you. She's upstairs fixing herself up for the day, I can go get her if you want."
" Please do." Lorath smiled and sat down at a table while waiting for Aoln's sister. He waved a waiter away and leaned heavily on his palm. She always did spend a lot of time getting ready...

[ 05-08-2002, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: SSJ4Sephiroth ]
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 07:27 PM   #12
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"Huh?... Oh... hi, Cyrus." ~ In a daze did he meet the elf's embrace, flitting images of pixies and imps lingering in his mind. Yet the force of the hug brought home a gush of warm relief and he met Cyrus' concerned gaze more intently, his grey eyes glittering ~ "Heh, you'll have to forgive this casual greeting... bloody is right!" ~ Surveying the carnage around ~ "Everything's a mess with Brenner incapacitated, and I... well, I'm almost completely flummoxed." ~ He gave a youthful grin, followed by a mock scowl ~ "Remind me again why we're doing this."

[ 05-08-2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 09:09 PM   #13
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: SEPHI!!! Hi there bud. Uhm... I play the entire village of Ravenwood, so I'll be posting with you as well. Barkeep's sister's name is Anaquei. Oh! And the tavern is The Fox's Den. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Sorry if you didn't want intervention, but I really can't stand to see you marry yourself AGAIN. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] That would just be sad!

ic:
Cyrus Nightblade
~Cyrus chuckled, the characteristic growl hinted in his voice. He firmly grasped his friend's shoulder, his cobalt eyes glowing like blue flames.~ "We're in it for the glory!" ~He grinned.~ "Well, we were anyway. Looks now like we're here to get knocked around." ~He shot a quick glance behind before returning his gaze to Aragorn.~ "So... Are the lizardmen any weaker?" ~He smirked.~ "Or have I not been unconcious long enough."

Anaquei Stormwhisper
~The druid heard a pounding on her door. Growling beneath her breath, she lay her hair brush down and called out, calmly as she could muster.~ "What is it?" ~Aoln meerly informed her that she had a 'visitor' whom was patiently waiting downstairs. The maiden's bright green eyes widened. She muttered to herself.~ "Well I wonder who that could be..." ~Shrugging, she quickly grabbed a small strip of leather, tying her long golden hair back into a ponytail. She stood up, eyeing the mirror with typical elvish pride. She smoothed her simple ivory shirt, and tightened her belt within the loops of her long sage skirt. Running a hand over her hair one last time, she stepped out the door. Once outside of her room, she quietly approached the balcony and peered over the edge to watch the people below. When she saw you a wide grin crossed her face, but she supressed it and walked cooly down the stairs. She cleared her throat and swayed to the counter, smiling sweetly at her brother.~ "Aoln, who has come to call this early in the morn?" ~Aoln grinned and gestured to you.~ "He stands behind you my sister! ~Anaquei turned around, smiling shyly.~ "Well good morning Lord Lorath! I daresay I'm surprised to see you back so soon. Are you..." ~She cleared her throat.~ "Are you in between adventures?"
(ooc: [img]tongue.gif[/img] This reminds me of a Blink182 song. And then I saw her standing there, with green eyes and long blonde hair, she wasn't wearing underwear, at least I prayed that she might...)

[ 05-08-2002, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 09:51 PM   #14
mistral4543

"They'd damned well better be." ~ Furrows formed on his eyebrows as he peered more carefully around ~ "I know we've lost a number of our most able men." ~ Suddenly inhaling sharply from a disturbing sight ~ "Your pardon, Cyrus. Someone's in trouble."

Abruptly tearing himself away, he rushed towards his target ~ "To the Abyss with you lot!" ~ The tip of his blood-stained sword gleamed in the ferocious sun, flashing intermittently as the blade launched into an intricate dance ~ I hope she's alright. ~ After what seemed an eternity, the vile beasts fell backward, some of them stunned from the assault, others lifeless ~ "Fantine!" ~ She staggered on her feet, blood trickling from the incisions on her pale skin ~ "Th… thank you… cousin." ~ He held her protectively with his right arm, his left still wielding his blade against the monsters. Whispering ~ "You need rest."

"I'm fine." ~ Her frame seemed to shiver from all the endurance she was putting up. Murmuring to herself some ancient words which he knew would be those of magic. Soon enough, a tingling sensation brushed against his own skin as the ground shook slightly, a layer reaching out to encase his cousin ~ "You're sure?" ~ Somewhere nearby, he could hear Ursula's yells ~ "Yes, yes." ~ Steadying herself, she chanted, creating small glowing discs in both hands. As the enemies advanced again, she began to pelt them with the minute meteors, scorching them into agony.

"Down with you slime!" ~ Ursula now struck out with full force and a new fire. She seemed quite possessed, oblivious to her own wounds and aware of only one desire - to eliminate all which stood in her way. Aragorn shouted a warning to her as an arrow whizzed from behind; but that was her undoing. At the sound of his voice, she turned to face him, her face glowing, then crumpling as the shaft punctured her stomach. With a cry, she dropped her bastard sword instinctively and floundered on her steps.

"No!!!" ~ Aragorn sprinted across now, screaming at himself for his folly. As he reached her, he grabbed her left arm with his right, sweeping his sword in deft arcs to flick off the arrows raining upon them ~ "Move it, Ursula!" ~ Pulling, dragging her, gritting his teeth, blotting out her involuntary moans ~ "CYRUS!!!!"

At last he could see the elf ~ "Please, save her!" ~ Shoving the feisty redhead into Cyrus' arms ~ This is crazy… we're all going to die… ~ But he kept these depressing thoughts to himself as he wearily turned back to the battefield.

Back towards his grave…
Old 05-08-2002, 10:38 PM   #15
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Cyrus Nightblade
~Cyrus nodded his head grimly, looking with a concerned countenance at Ursula.~ "Just hang on... Let's get you out of the way..." ~Surveying with pursed lips and edgy eyes, he pulled Ursula as gently as he could to some grass that was yet unstained by blood. Pillowing her head with his knapsack, he examined the grevious wound in her abdomen. He muttered beneath his breath.~ "Sweet Sahinine... You're lucky to be alive... H-here..." ~He nimbly prodded the wound with his fingers, attempting to be as gentle as possible. A friend of Aragorn is a friend of mine. He began to hesitantly tug at the imbedded arrowhead, wincing as the woman cried out in pain.~ "I'm sorry! Please, hold still. It'll only hurt for a bit, I promise!" ~The scythe on his cheek glowing furiously, he pulled out a curved dagger, taking the arrow out like a splinter in a finger. Strands of his blue-black hair fell in his eyes. He pushed them back with one hand, keeping his eyes focused on the wound.~ "Almost... There!" ~He triumphantly dislodged the arrow from the woman's stomach. But by now one of the lizards had been drawn to the smell of blood. Cyrus motioned for the woamn to stay still as he clamored to his feet, pulling out his glowing blue katana.~
Old 05-08-2002, 10:45 PM   #16
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Lorat quickly stands up and gives a quick bow to Anaquei. "Yes, m'lady, I'm between adventures, for a little while at least. I made enough off my last one so that I can settle in for about a year, so you'll be seeing plenty of me in the near future." He couldn't help but smile at this, and he could see that she was having a hard time too. "So, Anaquei, would you prefer to grace myself with your presence today with a walk through the forest? Trust me, I won't complain as much as I used to, I was much younger and more immature then than I am now."
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 11:28 PM   #17
mistral4543

It was not as bad as he had envisioned, he now saw. True, there were still a number of lizard men up and about, but he realised with vast relief that several of his accomplished fighters were still alive. With revitalised energy, he leapt forward, cutting down the creatures as well as he could. The erratic heartbeat hammered his head incessantly whenever his subconscious thoughts drifted to Ursula and Fantine ~ The women of my life… ~ It struck him as odd that he could have come up with such a phrase ~ Magnificent beyond compare. ~ He could have added "in spirit", for he knew all too well as Fantine had mentioned, they had their weaknesses too.

Ahead, he thought he saw Fantine's faltering steps and they exchanged glances. No! ~ Instantly, he knew the problem: she had run out of spells and would soon be slaughtered within seconds. Try as he could to reach her, he found himself facing three large ogres ~ Damnation! ~ Now caught up with dodging their blows, he prayed silently to his god to protect her… fortunately, the ogres were clumsy, though having massive strength. He goaded them, drawing them away from the area, yelling ferociously. To his delight, help soon arrived - Jonathan and Arthur almost collided into his path and they despatched the creatures with combined effort.

The path now clear, he dashed forward, his legs aching in the pursuit. But he stood gaping now, his face turned ashen.

Fantine was nowhere to be seen.
Old 05-09-2002, 04:19 PM   #18
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Cyrus Nightblade
~Cyrus, standing tall and proud, issued a taunting hand to the vibrant green lizardman.~ "Come on! Carrion eating bastard!" ~The lizardman, obviously offended, charged at the half-elf with his spear. A prepared smirk on his face, Cyrus leaped to the side, slashing at the less dexterous reptile. The lizard shook off the blow, quickly regaining its bearings and thrusting at the half sea elf again. Cyrus held his katana in front of his face, blocking the blow, but falling to his knees. The rogue swallowed hard, looking up at the monster, who was now preparing a final strike. With a show of grace and speed, the man flipped up, kicking his oponent in the stomach. Finally convinced that the lizard was a worthy foe, he whispered something to his sword. The katana shot from his hands, mercilessly slashing at the reptile. The lizardman, exasperated, decided to make one last charge toward Ursula. Nightblade called out.~ "Incarak! Band rant!" ~The sword held out its blade flat, momentarily blocking the lizard's way. Cyrus, a determined look in his eye, pulled out his boomerang dagger. Suddenly, TWAP! A blade through the throat and the lizard died painfully. Incarak, the blue katana, held the creature in a skewer. Dusting off his hands, Cyrus strided up to the corpse, tossing it backwards away from Ursula. Finally he commanded.~ "Incarak! Bar!" ~The blade flew back into its sheath at Nightblade's hip. Sighing, Cyrus then suddenly remembered Ursula. He pulled out an emergancy healing potion from his cloak, and offered it to her with a weak grin, not saying a word.~

Anaquei Stormwhisper
~Anaquei began to nod her head, but winced back at her brother.~ "Aoln, are you all right running the tavern?" ~Aoln shooed her away with a flick of his hand.~ "Of course! Go on, have fun!" ~Anaquei chuckled in her soft melodic voice, pulling a stray strand of hair back behind her tapered ear.~ "Well then Lorath, I suppose that settles it! Let's be off!"

[ 05-09-2002, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Old 05-09-2002, 07:46 PM   #19
mistral4543

"Aragorn, what's the matter?"

Still he stood dumbly, his face white ~ Where are you, Fantine?! ~ The thought of the impending fury of her family - Arthur included - sunk his heart ~ They trusted me, and I've let them down. ~ An assertive slap on his right shoulder pulled him back to reality and he faced Arthur regretfully ~ "Fantine... she's... gone." ~ Disbelief still apparent in his eyes ~ "I swear, Arthur, I saw her but a few moments ago." ~ His voice edgy with panic ~ "I tried my best to reach her..."

For a moment, his companion was silent, the expression on his rugged face bordered on beserker rage. But just as abruptly, he let out a heavy sigh and replied, eyeing his friend wearily ~ "What's done is done, Aragorn. Come, we might as well clean up this place." ~ They walked briskly towards the remaining combatants ~ "Bloody hell, Aragorn! You convinced us to do this... even Brenner... and he's out of action... Fantine's missing..." ~ The struggle in his voice was obvious ~ "It'd better be damned well worth it." ~ And he fell silent, venting his frustrations ferociously on the unsuspecting creatures.

Aragorn bit his lips furiously; the tint of his iris darkened considerably ~ They're right... Ursula and Arthur... I dragged them into this. ~ His clenched fists trembled nevertheless ~ Did my pride cause this unnecessary bloodshed? ~ He glanced in Cyrus' direction to see him pouring a liquid in Ursula's mouth ~ I did it for friendship! I swear to the gods!

He ran forward now, towards the pair, suddenly feeling his heart shrouded with an unexplainable gloom.

If this friendship should fail...

[ 05-09-2002, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 05-09-2002, 08:57 PM   #20
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~Cyrus looked up as his friend approached, smiling weakly. The red scythe on his cheek glowed a greeting.~ "Hello my friend." ~His voice was somewhat trialed and weary. He recoiled the bottle from Ursula's mouth, propping her up gently. With a sigh, he turned his gaze back to Aragorn. His blue-black hair blew on the wind and into his eyes, covering up the sunken nature of them. The war was taking its toll on the half-elf. He forced a grin up at his comrade, exhaling wistfully.~ "When all of this is over..."