Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2002, 12:01 PM   #1
boonerang
Welcomed New User

I'm attempting to bring a lasting peace between the Umpani and T'rang and I'm getting stymied with no obvious solution.

I've picked up the alliance letter from the Umpani but when I bring the two prisoners back to Z'ant he gets angry that I played both ends against the middle during the game (taking quests from both sides but NOT destroying either ship.) I *did* kill the informer in the Umpani camp in an attempt to keep the info from slipping over to the T'rang but that seems to have failed.

Is there any way to get Z'ant to calm down enough to present the alliance offer to him to complete the alliance and get the happy, peaceful ending the situation yearns for?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
boonerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:18 PM   #2
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

Hint
If Z'Ant doesn't want to hear you out, try the Umpani.
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:24 PM   #3
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

"I *did* kill the informer in the Umpani camp in an attempt to keep the info from slipping over to the T'rang but that seems to have failed."

You might have to side with the Umpani.
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:41 PM   #4
boonerang
Welcomed New User

I've already 'sided' with the Umpani in respects that I have their alliance offer letter in hand to take to the T'rang. The key question is if Z'ant will ever back off his 'kill the interlopers!' stance that he appears to get in after a certain point in time.

Has anyone had any luck attempting to charm or otherwise manipulate Z'ant?
boonerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 01:07 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Never had a problem with bringing about the alliance, but I've always done all the quests (except destroy the other ship) for both sides.

Typically I do them in tandem. Get the flag quest, visit Umpani base, buy flag, sign up with Umpani, do obstacle course. Go back to Z'ant, give flag, get Raven quest, go up and kill him. Then back to Umpani, present T'rang arm.

For the moliri, I give the Mook the Umpani offer. However, that's okay, since you can just show the moliri to Z'ant and he's happy.

Of course, all that comes to a halt when each side wants the other's mother ship destroyed. I don't do either of those.

Then after the rescue at the Away Camp, I go see Z'ant first. He's a little testy at first, but Drazic and Rodan convince him. Then we go to Yamir.

I've never tried to do the alliance just working for one side. And, of course, I keep far away from He'Li, who knows too much

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 02:27 PM   #6
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I did pretty much the same thing, although I went through most of the Umpani quests before doing the T'Rang ones. I paid off Heli and never ran into any difficulty. I didn't buy the flag until I had completed most of the Umpani quests, so I don't think anyone had time to rat me out.

Good Luck,
Knarfling
Old 01-23-2002, 04:24 PM   #7
elbarono
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just had this happen to me (It didn't happen in the previous game) The only difference was that when I went back to Z'Ant, I had the Chaos Moliri already. I think he "forgets" about you being a double agent if you have it. I tried going back to him before getting it and he attacked me, so I reloaded a save game and I'm going to get the CM first and then go back and see if it helps.. I also killed the informant.
elbarono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 12:43 AM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Most of the time, I never bothered about the traitor among the Umpani, and it had no effect on the game. However, if you know the code phrase (given to you by Z'Ant), you can say it to the informant, get a certain item from him, and then turn him in to Balbrak. No muss, no fuss, and you get some exp. for it.

By the way, I should point out I'm playing the original v1.0 with the Ascension Peak patch only. May or may not make a difference.

Nightowl2

P.S. If you pick his pocket, you can get the key to the door and make use of a teleporter to Martin's Bluff.
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote