Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 11:56 PM   #1
safyre246
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I recently beat IWD for the 1st time, and I'm gonna play it again as soon as I find a place that sells HOW. While I was playing i was hoping to find a magical quarterstaff for my wizzie. Alas the only magical one that I found was druid only. Are there any magical staves in IWD or in HoW?
safyre246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 08:00 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There are only three or four magial staffs in the game and unfortnately none of them are very good. Almost every other weapon class has some oustanding choices, but not staffs. The best staff is one that is found in the Severed Hand, it's random I believe, and only a +3.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 08:41 AM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Doesn't Conlan get another +3 staff when you have HoW. The thing i find most annoying is that there aren't any magical bucklers. Every other shield class has some pretty nifty shiels but my thief with a magical dagger and magical throwing dagger from HoW is still carrying around a non-magical buckler.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:49 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You could be right about Conlan getting another staff. Compared to other weapon classes though, the staff gets shortchanged.

I agree about the bucklers too. [img]smile.gif[/img] There are NO good magical bucklers in the game.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 11:52 AM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

What kinds of staves/bucklers would you like to see or have? They may be easily created with IEEP; anyone--even me--could make them and import them into the game. Certainly something to consider, since there is a dearth of staves.

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: Azred ]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 12:48 PM   #6
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would like to see a buckler that protects a bit like the large shield +1,+4 vs missile. Something like that. Or that has some sort of bonus to thieving skills. Not to big or uber but something in that nature.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:46 PM   #7
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I Have Only Ever Found 1 Magical Buckler, And That Was On Baldurs Gate 1 (ToTSC)In Durlags Tower. It Was Called Kiel's Buckler. It Is A Normal Buckler Which Provides +1 Dexterity While Eqiupped.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:47 AM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Beaumanoir is correct (or should that be "Beaumanoir Is Correct"? ); throughout BG, ToTSC, DSoTSC, SoA, ToB, IWD, and HoW (I am not yet fortunate enough to have ToTLM--did you catch all the acronyms?) there is but one magical buckler.

JR Jansen, a buckler that gives AC bonus 2 versus missiles, or casts Protection from Normal Missiles thrice per day, or gives 25% (or even 50%) resistance to missile damage, yes? Well, like I said, if you have the IEEP that wouldn't take long; I don't currently have IWD/HoW installed (I do everything in this forum from memory).

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote