Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 11:03 PM   #11
Apof
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Your thinking of a different cyric.

Apof
Old 03-09-2001, 07:32 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Apof:
I went over and skimmed thru the avatar trilogy and it says nothing about that sword, it does however refer the it is a "SHE" becuase it had a mind of its own amd when it tried to control cyric buy using his addiction (as it controlled the halfing sneakabout) with its powers he fought it, he had a strong will, he then came to an agreement with the sword. The sword was pale white but after it would feed it would glow red. Would be awesome if we could get our hand on this sword in BG2:tob, it would be great for killing other children of bhaal.

On another note if bhaal for saw his death prior to the times of trouble, when did he start spreading his seed? was it before the times of trouble, becuase if so even though we are children of bhaal he is still alive, or maybe he did this right before the time of troubles and we are now groing up "after" this... we could had been very young during it.

Apof
You guys probably haven't read the books Prince of Lies and Crucible, which go into more detail about the sword, called Godsbane and its unique relationship with Mask, the Shadowlord as well as Kelemvor, the Lord of the Dead. Want to know how Kelemvor ascended into godhood? Read Prince of Lies. It's worth it.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-09-2001, 07:39 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Strahd Von Zarovich:
I am prety sure I read somewhere the sword was Mask in Avatar form. He used his position with Cyric to influance him in creating the Cyranad a book thta whoever read it would belive Cyric to be the Greatest God. Cyric was stupid enghou to read his own book making him mad , Mask was almost curropted also but he freed himself from Cyric's influance at the cost of his Avatar form thus destroying the sword.

I haven't read much ad&d but I also heard that Cyric is freed from his cursed madess.
Strahd, you are absolutely correct - summarized perfectly. The books you are referring to are Prince of Lies and Crucible:The Trial of Cyric The Mad. Apof, you need to read those books, you're missing out.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-09-2001, 08:28 AM   #14
Lord Shield

Was that the story where the great Ao judged the Gods for interfering too much?

Old 03-09-2001, 08:36 AM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The original question was if Midnight is still called Midnight, or if she is now called Mystra. The answer is that she IS called Mystra, for the sake of the faithful. (It was her choice to do so.)

Another thing is that in the Shadow of the Avatar Trilogy, you get to see Elminster tell Lord Ao off! They act just like they hav known each other forever! Elmisnster doesn't even flinch at Ao's presence!(and Lord Ao drank all of Elminster's special wine when he invites himself into Elminster's tower)

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Old 03-09-2001, 04:18 PM   #16
Apof
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info... I borrowed those books from a friend ill have to go buy all the forgotten realm books they r badass, plus i might borrow Elminster: the making of a mage.

Apof
Old 03-09-2001, 11:59 PM   #17
Lanfear
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you have not, READ the Avatar trilogy. Even if you're non a D&D fan, it's a great fantasy read. It helped to get me hooked on a few other series