Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 03:46 PM   #1
Forscythe
Dungeon Master

I saw in one of the posts....I beleive it was Attila who said there was a trick to play with the illusionary party members!! Like Arkanis....Osprey...etc.

I would really like to know about this!!!
Forscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 04:39 AM   #2
Attila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey dude, Attila is here!

Ok so you want the very cool charcters huh? You dont need to cheat but somepeople may whinge that it takes the fun out of things. Not true, it is still very enjoyable even more i feel.

All right here goes... When you feel you had enough with the illusions Reform your party and take everyone out except for one. Walk up close to Oben and have the remaining partner right beside you. Then take him out of your party aswell. Talk to him again and when he asks if you what him back, say no. Now save. Then talk to Oben as soon as the dialoge finishes quickly pause the game and talk to the guy right next to you.Unpause. And if you paused quickly enough and the guy is right next to you, you will still be in the room with the guy asking you if you still want him. Say yes, you will be outside and the guy inside.Revert to the guy cause he should be on your side bar. Get the guy to add everyone to your party. Note you want every one to get their neat equipment. Now walk to gorion and say your ready...AND THERE IT IS when you finnish the automated sequence with sarevok they will be in your party.
NOTE: do not walk back in, and finnish all quests at candlekeep before doing this. Also if your outside when the guy talks to you yo have to reload.

GOOD LUCK they are truly amazing characters, Well Arkanis is anyway, Osprey lacks compared with Imoen cause he cant dual class to mage but his theiving abilities are uncanny... NOW GO KICK SOME BUTT!!!
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 01:13 PM   #3
Forscythe
Dungeon Master

Thanks Man....

Will try this out ASAP!

I don't consider this Cheating but more like "Magical Assistance"

Remember friends all share!!
Forscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 07:37 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

WOW i can only say that im TRULY impressed !! Thanks for sharing that Attila !

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 12:54 PM   #5
Tyrion
Quintesson

How did you manage to come by all this information?
Did you just exeperiment until you made it or what?

Im impressed, just like Ertai!

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead.

-Tyrion at the battle of the Blighted Isle.
Right now he is mourning for USA.
Tyrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 07:44 AM   #6
Attila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah i was just playing around, i always try tricks with the pause button, many a glitch has been found this way. Ive also read this in a FAQ somewhere cant remember where. But all i can say is that great minds think alike, i have found many cheap or lets say "unorthodox" ways of doing things because it is such a hard game, especially with mages and other weak classes and you read them elsewhere and its like "hey great minds think alike"

Does that answer your question?
If it does, cheers and ill tell you this, the greatest revelations occur when your in the toilet, no joke. Whenever im stuck make sure i make a trip to the bathroom...hahaha
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 05:42 PM   #7
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Yes, Mr. Hun , thank you very much for sharing that with us. I think one day I'll have to try that as well - just sounds way too interesting not to at least try it.

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 04:12 PM   #8
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

I am going to try this now and then I'll come back to report if and how that worked for me... So farI can only repeat that is sounds very, very intriguing ...

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 02:54 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Just a couple of notes to add to Atilla's great trick:

1) I notice that no matter which person I use as my "link" to the other characters, that person gets stripped of all their equipment when I get teleported outside. Make sure you put everything they're carrying (everything you might want to keep, anyway) on someone else.

2) Atilla seems to be confusing Osprey with Deder....Arkanis is probably the best pure-class fighter in the game, but I still prefer Minsc. Mordaine is one of the best Mages (way better than Dynaheir). Canderous is THE best Cleric, if you don't mind his 13 DEX. Deder kicks ass for some strange reason. He's only a Level 2 Thief, but somehow, he has over 100% Stealth. Go figure. And Osprey? Osprey can go suck on the wrong end of a turtle, for all I care.

3) The most annoying thing about the Illusory NPCs is they don't have personalities, or voices. Sure, you don't get annoyed at them yapping at you all the time, but it gets really dull when you find out that "Hello" is the only word Canderous knows.

------------------
Boots of Stealth: 1125 gp
Shadow Armor: 7875 gp
Slipping an Oil of Firey Burning down the back of Sarevok's armor: Priceless
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote