Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2004, 10:06 PM   #1
WoodyG666
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ive heard you guys talk about the twisted rune? whats that? im told its supposed to be hard.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:32 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Oooooo! Fresh blood! One post, an aged-old question, and one of my favorite quotes to boot!
Alright... But I'm not sure if I should really tell you this.... But... Well...
The Twisted Rune is an evil organization, and they have an outpost somewhere in Amn... And one of their members is in possession of a powerful magical item.
Did you beat the game? If not, how far into it are you? I would feel incredibly guilty telling you more, possibly ruining it for you. Forever.
And welcome to IW!

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:04 AM   #3
Odruith
The Magister

Isn't the twisted rune quest unfinished as yet?
Odruith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 05:07 AM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

The Twisted Rune is an organization of undead, that has ties through out all of Faerun. You'll only bump into them once through the game, so technically the quest isn't unfinished.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:04 AM   #5
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

Gangrell, re. your signature...

I think the quote is supposed to be "...let SLIP the dogs..."
Old 02-04-2004, 10:15 PM   #6
WoodyG666
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finished the game more times than i can count(which isnt realy much)
so feel free to spoil me
Old 02-04-2004, 11:08 PM   #7
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

Spoliers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
the Twisted rune battle is one of the more difficult encounters in SoA IMO. Their outpost is in the bridge district about halfway down the map right above the house with the guy from the half-buried man quest, and next to a house containing a lich for the kangaxx quest (I think I remember that correctly). Their domain requires a rogue stone to enter, and make sure to detect traps before entering. Once inside you will face a most difficult battle, and ultimately you will win a weapon that has cheese potential that far exceeds FoA and CF (IMO). If you are really a masochist, install improved twisted rune from the tactics mod, that really makes this battle a lot of fun....

Hope this info helps,

BW
Buster_Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:14 AM   #8
Xzirox
Manshoon

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] Welcome to IW WoodyG666! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 01:47 PM   #9
WoodyG666
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you people, you make me feel so welcome [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 02:01 PM   #10
Feral
Elminster

There are several hints as to the involvement ofthe Twisted Rune in other quests.

SPOILERS (including ToB spoiler)

A couple come to mind:
1. If, after busting up Rejek's cosmetic surgery operation in the Bridge District, you initiate dialogue with the right merchant in Umar Hills using the right password but then reveal that you're not the person he should be talking to, he threatens you with the Rune before running off.
2. A conversation which you can have with a mercenary wizard about half-way through ToB shows that Balthazar is involved with the Rune as well).