Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 PM   #1
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

So here's where I am: first time through OC with a fighter/mage (predominately fighter). I am just about to face Klauth. I have been solo the whole time, with two exceptions when I used a wand to summ a dire spider. I understand I can't have a henchman in Ch 4 unless I take them with me at the end of Ch 3. Can I make it as a solo character? I used some spells early on against weaker enemies like orcs but for most of Ch 3 my spellcast level just wasn't high enough to use any good spells effectively. Either the creature made the save or if I succesfully cast a high level scroll spell, the duration was so short it didn't make a difference.

Can I make it or should I take some help? A related question is if I take them at the end of the chapter just to be safe, can I ditch and then rehire them in Ch 4? I've been ok so far. I've certainly had my share of reloads but never had to resort to the cheesy stone.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:10 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Well, it's certainly possible, though I don't know if it's wise your first time through.

But if you do, make sure you bring LOTS of potions. Heal and Haste come to mind.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:08 AM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

I finished the game with a solo Monk, and Klauth and one other battle late in Ch. 4 were the only ones that offered any kind of difficulty.

So yes, it's possible but potions of Heal is a must. Buy as many as possible. Since you're a part spellcaster, you may want to consider to buy a few spell scrolls as well.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

my sidekick kept getting himself killed off so i did it myself with no problem. i was a fighter, a monk and a thief. :/

V***V
Old 04-27-2004, 11:31 AM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

I suppose you could also take your henchman with you into Ch. 4, and then just leave him standing around somewhere if you don't need him.