Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2004, 11:22 AM   #1
Shotgun
Manshoon

This game is really starting to frustrate me. I've had some trouble finding a character I want to play, and decided to try a wizard this time. The problem is, I'm in the academy and have to destroy the training dummy before moving on. I can't seem to do anything with my spells, though. They work, but they don't do a thing to the stupid dummy! I can't move on until I destroy it, so I'm stuck. How do you destroy the dummy in the wizard/sorcerer training room?
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Try using the Staff weapon and go bash the thing or pick up a cross bow and shoot it. Remember in NWN with 3rd Ed rules apply and not everything a wizard does requires magic, sometimes you have to jump in with melay weapons and do A little hand to hand. That's why they have that training room. What are you going to do in the game when to come upon an creature that totally resists all magic? I'll tell you, Pick up the biggest club you can get your hands on and bash the hell out of the sucker!
Old 04-25-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

You're not supposed to destroy the dummy, you need to cast a spell on the statue in order to pass the test.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:20 PM   #4
Shotgun
Manshoon

Oh, good Lord are you kidding me, Statos? Now I feel like a moron. I did try hitting the dummy with a staff because I couldn't figure out why the magic wasn't doing anything. Don't worry about my character being a sorcerer, CrimsonBlade; I'm well aware that they will have to do some melee fighting. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:17 PM   #5
espeed
Dungeon Master

what makes me laugh is with all the hell wizards can raise with their fierce spells, a poor dummy still manages to get the better of them LOL!
espeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:22 PM   #6
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

So Stratos what spell can you cast on an inadament object in NWN. Because I don't remember any such spell or magic in the game that will do that I just went through the whole Book and there is no spells for dummys. OOPs! that wasn't funny until I reread the sentance. LOL.
But really what kind of a spell can you cast on the Dummy. I'm sure you could blast it with a fireball but is that what their looking for. I never played a magic user before the third level in NWN so I didn't ever have to be tested by a dummy.

[ 04-25-2004, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 04-25-2004, 09:15 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Magic Missle for example.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:52 AM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

The dummy the two students are casting spells on has nothing to do with the test, and is indestructable AFAIK.

It's the statue right next to Jaroo you need to destroy, and you can use anything offensive spell against it, there's even some scrolls in a chest nearby. Heck I even believe you can smash it with a weapon.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:12 AM   #9
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
The dummy the two students are casting spells on has nothing to do with the test, and is indestructable AFAIK.

All of them are except one.
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:16 AM   #10
Stratos
Vampire

What do you mean?