Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2004, 11:01 AM   #1
shadowspecter
The Magister

Just notice something….after installing HotU, and after I successfully downloaded version 1.62…the installation caused my game to go back to version 1.59. That bites, I guess it’s going to be easier to download it now…I hope. Grrrrrrrr………

Anyways, during game play, I fought a creature that was fairly weaker then me. My AC was 43 and that creature rolled a 29 and it successfully hit me. I thought that the dice roll had to be higher to successfully hit or unless I misread and misunderstood things again. Can someone answer this question?

Another question, the Great Cleave feat. So what it does is that once you kill a enemy, you will attack all the creatures that you can reach right?

Oh yea almost forgot, when I first successfully downloaded version 1.62, it said on one of the update was the monk’s glowing eyes. Does that mean that the monk has glowing eyes once it reaches a certain level or does it mean that he eyes were just a bug and they fixed it?

I know I have another question….what is it….can’t remember….jeez….guess I will have to edit or post it later.

Thanks if you can answer my question.
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
shadowspecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #2
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowspecter:
Just notice something….after installing HotU, and after I successfully downloaded version 1.62…the installation caused my game to go back to version 1.59. That bites, I guess it’s going to be easier to download it now…I hope. Grrrrrrrr………
That's because HotU is distributed in version 1.59. Not much you can do about it except installing the HotU patch.

Quote:
Anyways, during game play, I fought a creature that was fairly weaker then me. My AC was 43 and that creature rolled a 29 and it successfully hit me. I thought that the dice roll had to be higher to successfully hit or unless I misread and misunderstood things again. Can someone answer this question?
Was it a critical threat? Cause with a critical threat you always hit and if you hit the threat roll you'll do double damage. So for the creature it could just have thrown a threat, and so hitting you. I used to play such a character p&p, my attack roll was low for a full fighter (especially compared to the other powerplayed characters) but due to improved critical and keen rapiers my threat range was 12-20 (can be done in NWN as well) so basically you hit for sure at least half of the time.

Quote:

Another question, the Great Cleave feat. So what it does is that once you kill a enemy, you will attack all the creatures that you can reach right?
No, when you've killed a creature you can hit another. I don't know what great does specifically but I think it either increases the number of creatures you can hit cleaving or it allows you to move between the cleave attacks to reach more.

Quote:

Oh yea almost forgot, when I first successfully downloaded version 1.62, it said on one of the update was the monk’s glowing eyes. Does that mean that the monk has glowing eyes once it reaches a certain level or does it mean that he eyes were just a bug and they fixed it?
At level 20 a monk is considered an outsider and thus gains glowing eyes.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #3
shadowspecter
The Magister

Sweet, does the glowing eyes apply to all races and the faces of the race?

EDIT: I finally remembered my question. Is there any romances in the game now that you can have with any of the henchmens or NPC?

[ 05-07-2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: shadowspecter ]
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
Old 05-07-2004, 05:20 PM   #4
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowspecter:
Sweet, does the glowing eyes apply to all races and the faces of the race?

EDIT: I finally remembered my question. Is there any romances in the game now that you can have with any of the henchmens or NPC?
In HotU there is a possibility. For NWN and SoU I don't know. The glowing eyes are for all monks so that would be all, yes.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:37 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The glowing eyes only apply to humans and half-elves actually. Also, the attack roll you see in your stat screen is the attack base without modifiers so in many battles an opponent will appear to miss you numerically since much is invisible. It will not always be a crit.

[ 05-07-2004, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 05-09-2004, 11:53 AM   #6
shadowspecter
The Magister

Bummer...only charaters that looks like humans have the glowing eyes. O well, anyways I just decided to search for my answer for the romance thing and I found out there is romances. Cool I think, thanks people for answering.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:11 PM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

Great Cleave is just like Cleave, with the only difference that there's no limit on how many enemies you can hit in a row.

Cleave: You kill enemy A and get's a free attack against enemy B if he's withing melee range.

Greater Cleave: Just like above but if you kill enemy B with one hit, you'll hit enemy C if he's within melee range, and if you kill C with one hit you'll hit enemy D and so on, and so on.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:44 PM   #8
shadowspecter
The Magister

Bummer, to bad the glowing eyes only apply to humans and half-eleves. I barely even play that race.

Bummer again…I thought Great Cleave was something like this: Lets just say there is enemy A, B, C, and D. If I killed enemy A, then the cleave effect would happen and I would hit enemy B, C, and D. Oh well, might as well spend my feat on something else then.

Hey, I just got another question, after I installed the expansion packs, I never had a henchmen. This is my first time having a henchmen in NWN. I did the henchmen quest for Daelin in chapter 1 and then I dropped him to get do henchmen quest. After a while I wanted to get Daelin back and this was still in chapter 1, but he said he works for another master now…..What?! That never happened to me before. Is this some type of new feature for installing SoU or HotU? Can someone explain this?

…Another question…I’m beginning to annoy myself now….I identified a bow and one of it’s special abilities is “Mighty.” What’s that?

[ 05-14-2004, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: shadowspecter ]