Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #21
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Woo Hoo! Wish me luck, ya'll.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 07:43 AM   #22
Jorath Calar
Harper

Great site and reat music... but I have one comment, you should make the samples be clickable links, currnetly the sapmles are all loaded on the page and it slows things down, because the files are pretty big, you should also try viewing the pages in diffrent screen resolutions... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Other than that, good job... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:23 AM   #23
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Great site and reat music... but I have one comment, you should make the samples be clickable links, currnetly the sapmles are all loaded on the page and it slows things down, because the files are pretty big, you should also try viewing the pages in diffrent screen resolutions... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Other than that, good job... [img]smile.gif[/img]
The only file that I want to be a link for download right now is the Tribute piece. I wrote that for Animal, and it's free. The rest of the tracks there, and one's I upload in the future, are for sale. It's what I'm trying to do for a living. The front page, and the second page both have background music at this time, and I'm going to pull those, as it does slow down loading. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #24
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

whoa those are awesome music.. i like lots!
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:39 PM   #25
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Thank you. :embarrassed:
Old 07-19-2005, 07:22 AM   #26
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

That was really good, you've got talent.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:02 AM   #27
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Thank you. I hope it's enough. I entered a songwriter's competition yesterday. I won't know until March, but worst case scenario, I'm getting heard by record company execs, and some mainstream, not so mainstream talent.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #28
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, i read that in the café, good luck with it!
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:47 PM   #29
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Just listened to the first 3 so far and I agree, they are good. You do get right into the bardish mood, and I like your style of playing. Just out of interest do you use a plectrum? One thing I noticed was I thought that Bards Song pt 1 had finished, then it sort of started up again. I think you could easily cut that second part out, or else extend it slightly. Personal preference I guess.

Good listening material, and you've inspired me to go and finish a song I started writing a month or two ago on guitar. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:19 PM   #30
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
Just listened to the first 3 so far and I agree, they are good. You do get right into the bardish mood, and I like your style of playing. Just out of interest do you use a plectrum? One thing I noticed was I thought that Bards Song pt 1 had finished, then it sort of started up again. I think you could easily cut that second part out, or else extend it slightly. Personal preference I guess.

Good listening material, and you've inspired me to go and finish a song I started writing a month or two ago on guitar. Thanks.
Ah, to influence the young, or not so young...depending. During live performances, that little riff at the end serves as a bridge chorus, and actually there are 3 parts to The Bard's Song, Pt 3 was kicking my butt in production, and so got left out. Anyway, live, they are actually one long piece, instead of three shorter ones, which is why the little bridge in there.
Thanks for the compliments, and the commentary, much appreciated.