Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2004, 08:54 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

This is a blatant plea for sympathy, kind thoughts and prayers!
With everything else going on in our lives, my fiance and I have been pretty stressed and getting too little sleep and yesterday morning when Nacht (my fiance) woke up he was short of breath and coughing with every move.

He went up to shower and came back down within minutes, saying he was coughing up blood and shivering violently. Needless to say, I got a blanket on him and went searching for the doctor's office number. They didn't open for almost 40 minutes so I dressed, got some clothes for him and asked if he could hold out til we got there, since it would take me as long to get to the emergency room of the only hospital I knew that had one (there are more, I just don't know how to get to them but I WILL now, as it's one of those things that when you need it , and if you're like me, you may not think about it til you do!)

Anyway, we got there, the receptionist said she had no openings til much later but took down his symptoms and we sat down. Nacht went to the men's room and while he was out the receptionist called me over and told me it would be at least two hours til an opening occured, so I said we'd wait. Nacht hadn't been back 5 minutes when the nurse came to get him- the doctor decided his was a bona-fide emergency, which didn't make us feel too good, but at least he got in quickly!

A trip to get chest xrays and another session with the doctor brough the diagnosis of pneumonia and a blood test to determine if he would come home or go into a hospital. Eventually, two hours later, Nacht was full of antibiotics, we had a prescription for more and orders that if he felt even a little worse in the next few days we needed to get him to a hospital.

My sweetheart is home now and he slept most of yesterday and last night. He's weak but so far, is hanging in there so I'm hoping he will improve and we won't need to go to the hospital, he's really not keen on that notion. :-\

Anyway, I'm at work today (stayed home with him yesterday) but half awake. I admit- yesterday I was so scared, my stomach was in knots. I didn't sleep well and kept checking to see if I could hear him breathing...but he slept very peacefully (which scared me too, cuz I'm so used to him snoring now that allergy season is here! ;D)

I have some major work projects to make some progress on today, so I'm here but my mind is wandering back to Nacht, so I popped in to say hello and let you know what's happening out my way.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:02 AM   #2
dplax
Jack Burton

I wish him a fast recovery!

Old 04-16-2004, 09:06 AM   #3
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wow Amber, that is very scary! Pneumonia can be tough.
My thoughts are with you guys.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:39 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Bad news indeed. All the best wishes to Nacht and you Cloudy.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:44 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Sunglass Man

Best wishes Amber, I hope he gets well soon! Tell him we all wish him a quick recovery. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 09:46 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Now, that is definitely on my list of "Worst ways to start a day"

I'm glad the doctor's office saw through to quick treatment, and I'm glad they came back with a diagnosis quickly. I hope that Nacht heals up nicely... and quickly.

Of course, the first step to health is sleep, so may he get all that he needs. And may you get some too... lemme tell ya, having both of you down at the same time is no fun...

You have my sympathy, my kind thoughts, and my prayers. Peace.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:56 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

That is indeed bad news Cloudy. I can't believe the nurse even suggested you wait for 2 hours. Hopefully you caught it early enough for the pneumonia to disappear quickly. I wish you a speedy recovery Nacht. Now rest and take it easy. If you feel you're getting worse instead of better, do visit your doctar again. [img]smile.gif[/img] We hope to see you soon!

Cloudy, note that pneumonia can be contagious (depending on which bacteria caused the infection)! So should you start to run a fever or start to cough it's an immediate visit to the doctor for you as well!
Old 04-16-2004, 09:59 AM   #8
Skippy1
Elminster

Hope he gets better soon Cloudy. As Bungleau says, make sure you look after yourself to sweetheart.

Cheers, Skip.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:00 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the good thoughts and kind words. It's been stressful with him getting a job promotion right after his being made permanent, his dad's had some health issues and of course, our wedding is a month away.

This just knocked us both for a loop!

Bungleau, when I left him this morning he was sleeping, so I'm hoping he keeps doing that most of the day til I can get home. I have to see the florist on my way home(we had an appt to talk to them about flowers for the wedding,)but I'm heading right home after that!

Guess I'll go try and get some work done. My boss is out and so is my co-worker...so I'm behind AND holding down the whole office alone.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:02 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Willow, just saw your post. Ugh.. I was afraid it might be contagious. I will do all I can to keep from getting sick and will heed your advice about seeing a doctor quickly should I need to.

Again, thank you to all of you!