Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2002, 04:01 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny
No, a game is just a game, no matter how much i enjoy playing some games. If sometimes things don't go as i want, i just quit playing and try again the next day
I thought that being emotionally involved was part of really enjoying the game ??[/QUOTE]Yeah, but i don't go smacking my monitor when things don't go as i want, unlike some other people i know ! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2002, 04:02 PM   #12
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield
I just walk round the room and do some katas to calm down
Whoooo a clever one. And i thought i was the only one implementing Zen.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:04 PM   #13
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny
Yeah, but i don't go smacking my monitor when things don't go as i want, unlike some other people i know ! [hehe]
Lol, emotionaly involvement definately doesnt mean going beserk.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:16 PM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Does being impressed and feeling overwhelmed by the brilliance of the storyline of a game count? In that case I wish to nominate Planescape: Torment; I've yet to play a game with a storyline even half as good as it was in PS:T.
That game actually left me close to having a few tears roll down my cheeks. It was actually really rather sad....
Old 07-17-2002, 04:19 PM   #15
Zidane
Manshoon

I have thrown the PS2 joypad half way across the room in temper when I have either died for the thirtieth time or have found that something is too hard for me to do.

The names I have called my characters in some of my games are unprintable, especially in BGII SoA where the characters have totally ignored what I have asked them to do.

My boyfriend is used to me yelling at the monitor, DO AS YOU ARE BLOODY TOLD WILL YOU!!! at em. or SILLY B..... WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING.

LOL I am sure my neighbours think I am shouting at my boyfriend. They look at me funny when I say I was playing a game and shouting at it.

Never got upset or cried at the storyline or anything, I just get frustrated at my own ineptitude sometimes. So I take a deep breath, make a cuppa coffee and go back to it later. Invariably if it is something I am having trouble doing, after the break I go back and do it right.

You do get very immersed in the storyline though.

Lady Zidane
Old 07-17-2002, 04:32 PM   #16
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Does being impressed and feeling overwhelmed by the brilliance of the storyline of a game count? In that case I wish to nominate Planescape: Torment; I've yet to play a game with a storyline even half as good as it was in PS:T.
That game actually left me close to having a few tears roll down my cheeks. It was actually really rather sad....[/QUOTE]hmmm - good point. I actually felt the need to help some of the people in that game. Was most enchanting

treatedd al lthe NPCs like a bitch tho

Old 07-17-2002, 04:34 PM   #17
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
quote:
That game actually left me close to having a few tears roll down my cheeks. It was actually really rather sad....[/QUOTE]hmmm - good point. I actually felt the need to help some of the people in that game. Was most enchanting

treated all the NPCs like a bitch tho
[/QUOTE]How could you possibly do that to poor Morte? And Dak'kon? And whoever else you had in your party.... Cruel bastard [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2002, 04:37 PM   #18
Lord Shield

Quote:
How could you possibly do that to poor Morte? And Dak'kon? And whoever else you had in your party.... Cruel bastard [img]tongue.gif[/img]
*thwack* - if they joined my party I didn't consider them NPCs [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2002, 04:39 PM   #19
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
That game actually left me close to having a few tears roll down my cheeks. It was actually really rather sad....
Matter of taste, I suppose... Some people think diablo is great and planescape is sad, and others (like me) think it's exactly the other way around. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2002, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 07-17-2002, 04:40 PM   #20
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
How could you possibly do that to poor Morte? And Dak'kon? And whoever else you had in your party.... Cruel bastard [img]tongue.gif[/img]
*thwack* - if they joined my party I didn't consider them NPCs [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Oh, right. It's not bad then. Most of the people that were dumb enough to be in the same area as my character should've known to keep away.