Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 12:28 AM   #1
Elowin
Welcomed New User

It was to good to be true. Create Portal and Teleport only work one-way. You can have only one portal location per map area and only teleport from that map to that portal. This means you swim back to town and wait still longer for Call of Home. But perhaps on the bright side we don't have enough Conch shells yet.

It appears the forum here reset itself over night and lost all previous posts yesterday and before or was this a Y2001 bug?
Elowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 12:37 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

As you've discovered you really need the big three: Create Portal, Teleport and Call of Home to make zapping around the world useful. I would have like to have had more options but it worked out well enough in my game play that I have no big complaints.

hmmm - I'll have to go looking - I didn't notice that any messages got lost.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 06:40 PM   #3
Elowin
Welcomed New User

As it turns out 90% of my posts here are premature and the Teleporting trouble is a perfect example. Just when I was resigned to starting the treak back through the temple, across the seas (swimming), and into town my Bard--of all Gnomes--leveled up, picked the Call to Home spell, and saved the day.

Now then... about those Conch shells. Those damn crabs are not producing like they need to. I am shell short and ready for some serious diving with nothing else to do. Well... that's not true. I have the pirate treasure to dig up but I understand it is under water AND I have a seed from a living tree to get. Now that would be one to work on. Where are these living trees--in The Isle of Sands? And are there any crabs around there?

Thank you.
Elowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 10:28 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The BAD living trees are over in the Isle of Sands area!
There are crabs in the water near by - try pick pocking a shell while you're fighting them. I've heard that is quite effective. I didn't have trouble finding shells or maybe I did and just didn't notice because I was having fun! I just sailed around in my ship until my scout would announce there were crabs nearby, jump in the water and go look for them.
Hope you find seeds and shells soon!
Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote