Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 07:20 AM   #1
Anna

hi again.

Is it true that if my character changes the character role he never will be able to change back to her old role?

~Lisa

ps
If you wonder why i signed my messages with Lisa: My first name is Lisa, but this nickname is already used. So i have choosen my second name, Anna, for my nickname.
Old 01-01-2001, 07:34 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

Yes it is true, so it's a good idea to change after you gone up at least 7 levels. I usually go to 10. If it is a spellcaster, I will save becoming a Warlock until the last change. I intend to have these Characters learn all the circles of magic and then go to Warlock so they may still learn any spells missed. Warlocks suffer no penalty on spell levels.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 08:06 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

Lisanna,
There is no advantage in the warrior and rogue roles that the elite roles don't have, so switching them no problem. Spellcasters I usually switch as soon as they got all the spells I want them to have. Though I'm afraid that advice is not too useful for beginners, because they often don't know yet which spells they need and which they can do without.
So here are a few of the higher level spells I wouldn't want to do without:
spirit: resurrect (5), restore health (6)
sun: illuminate (3), burning haze (5)
moon: create portal and teleport (6), call of home (7)
vine: cure poison (3), cure (6) (Some want breath of air (6) as well.)
stone: negate magic (4), stone to flesh (6), lava walk (6)
Some people will skip negate magic, but I like it for removing 'reflect damage' from opponents. (A nice spell for yourself by the way, but not necessary.)
Furthermore you'll want some damage spells like lightning or incinerate, and at least one storm spell (ice-, fire- or meteorstorm), and some party boost spells, like heroic might or frenzy. But those are interchangeable, so you can almost always get one of those. Just choose the rest as you like.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 03:23 PM   #4
Anna

a further thought on this topic:
does anyone know if a character can change back to an earlier role after pressing "reset quests" ?

to Mark skywalker:
I thought how all of your characters can get all circles of magic:
You have to start with at least 4 mages, right? The 5th and 6th character then have to change to valkyrie and zenmaster later in the game, because otherwise they won´t get sone magic.
Or is it possible to have more than one valkyrie and one zenmaster (without cheating)?

to carg:
Thanks for your list of important spells. It will be a great help, i´m sure. For my list of favourite spells i will certainly add "magic eye".

~Lisa
Old 01-02-2001, 03:30 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can change back to a previous class after clicking RESET QUESTS (I have done this).

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 05:12 PM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

You can't get more than one valkyrie, BUT, if you DON'T have the patch installed, you can abuse the magic tomes in the same way I absed the assassin's dagger. Once the Dojo guy starts talking about the 4 tomes, click on the character and go to his invetory, and hand them to the next aspiring Zenmaster. I had 6 assassins for a long while, and I have heard of 6 Zenmasters.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote