Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 07:06 AM   #1
Anna

hi!

I just read the special skills in the manual and wonder how to get some of them. I'm especially interested in these ones:

blacksmith
heroic legacy
merchant

crusade
trickery

chi master
enlightenment

is there a chance to get some of them? i did the crypt and the toad village up to now, and the next to do is the oracle.

did someone write a list how to gain all the skills?

thanks in advance,
~Lisa
Old 01-01-2001, 07:41 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

blacksmith = 3rd level in Fighters Guild
merchant = 3rd level in Rogues Guild
crusade = Must be a 5th level Paladin = Priests Guild

The others I'm not sure about as I haven't seen them yet. They may be linked to certain classes or quests.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 01:41 PM   #3
Gauleiter

skywalker: Not 5th Lvl Paladin, but Paladin who's Lvl 5 *in the Priest Guild*.

All those special traits you get from guilds depend on GUILD LEVEL, not character level.
Old 01-01-2001, 01:49 PM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

Gauleiter:
You're right, must be a touch of dyslexia on my part.
Anna:
A bard can get Trickery at the thieves guild at guild level 4. I'm not sure if other thiefly types do also. Anyone know?
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 02:35 PM   #5
Lily the Ranger

Also, note that MANY special items have the option to invoke them. Usually this is a one time only deal but some can be sold to shop keepers and are recharged when purchased back. I just got Iron Lung from Neptune's Ring. I am not sure if some items are class specific (can only be invoked by certain classes) you'd have to save and experiment. I wonder if trickery was from invoking the scroll of trickery (seems too obvious). Someone, I think carg is working on a list of these traits and how to acquire them. BUT the thread is missing . . . Ziroc did your cat eat the threads? That is a list I would LOVE to see before my next run thru.

Right now my poor adventures sit in Cet's pyramid, sipping water and eating various dried foods while the citizens of Brimlock Roon run happily thru the streets, blowing on conch shells and celebrating the New Year, oblivious to the disaster that awaits them should we fail.
Old 01-02-2001, 07:39 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

I've just resent my list of traits and skills to the story archive. So with a little luck you'll soon be able to admire !? it for yourselves.
Heroic legacy and Enlightenment are still blanks: I've never come across it and asking others on this forum never yielded an answer either.
Chi Master seems only available to Zen Masters, but exactly when and how is not clear yet.
Iron Lung is available to Bards only at Thieves Guild level 5 (apart from the ring).
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 03:31 PM   #7
Anna

thanks for your advice. i look forward to carg´s list. btw, did someone write a list of the items / monsters of w&w ??

~Lisa