Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2000, 12:08 AM   #1
Wurstblinker

Hi guys,

I just experienced a few VERY strange things in this game. I`m curious if someone solved the "puzzles" like I did or if I am the only idiot who tried it that way.

In the Dragon spire is a broken bridge over a lava pit. Since I found a lever I guess I can fix it in a way. After a few hours of searching I decided to use lava walk and try to climb those (very high) rocks. I was very surprised when I saw that I was able to climb on the last on and jump over over to the door on the other side! Is THAT the solution??

Okey, an equal procedure in the skull castle. This damn room with the 4 x 3 elevators, 3 levers in each corner in seperate rooms. after I made it to the 2. lever - room I couldn`t find the right combination. So once again I found a .... strange solution I guess. I just walked towards the chains of the elevators while they where down, then I looked up a bit and tried to climb. So I was able to fly / climb to the other side. This worked in every corner! Since these levers exist I guess it`s not what D.B. was thinking about while designing this puzzle .

So please tell me: Did you experience something like that? Or other wicked solutions for some riddle?

Pierre

P.S. Dear Mr. Bradley, if you think we poor players have to jump like Rayman in an RPG: PLEEEEAASASEEEEE create an engine in which this is POSSIBLE WITHOUT RELOADING DOZENS OF TIMES!!! And no, I don`t have more fun when my characters are insane and I recognize that I have no choice but going back to the city. Poison which doesn`t fade away after a few minutes is NOT FUNNY TOO!!! I am not a masochist (is that the english word? ) !!! And if I EVER EVER see those mantraps or jungle Lillys in a game again I will surely go isane and no temple in the world will be able to heal me!!! Please think about a few things before programming: Ist it a good riddle or a hard but fair thing to do or is it just frustrating and makes the player GOING CRAZY???!!!!

Okey enough of that. I could mention more but other people already did. Just playing the underwater city. No Jumps possible, thank god . I will finish the game, even if it is the last thing I will do on earth! Hey, I played Bane of the cosmic forge to the end so I laugh about this one )
Old 12-17-2000, 12:15 AM   #2
Wurstblinker

correction:

never played bane of the cosmic forge. I was talking about Wizardry 7, crusaders of the dark savant.

Sorry, he he....
Old 12-17-2000, 01:56 PM   #3
Lily the Ranger

I keep saying I am going to write down the location of each found item . . . especially after the Serpent Temple. I get so into play I forget.
1. The handle or crank found in DS does let out the bridge . . . it is worth noting that you will need it again and again. But if you are that good an athlete, YOU FOUND A BONUS SOLUTION!

2. I only fuddled with the levers in one room at skull castle and can jump across the gaps. I HATE POSITIVELY HATE these find the right combos thing. Of course I SAVE before I jump.

Yes, masochistic tango could describe the insane and wasting diseases. Lily was stuck with 5 babbling idiots one of whom had the cure for insanity in her backpack but would not let me near it. So I sailed the ship of five fools back to Brimlock Roon and paid the preacher.