Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2004, 04:30 AM   #1
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ever since I visited some stupid website (it might have been www.bronxshoes.com - yeah, so I'm a woman, sue me [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), my IE window is f---ed. When I maximalise the window, there is a small rim of space at the top (so I can see my desktop) and at the bottom, the window "disappears". I've tried manually adjusting the top rim, so that it fills out the screen, but every time I open a new window, of course, the problem is back. Anyone have an idea what I could do about this? [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 05:29 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Not sure if it works... but try it...

Only have one window of IE open, and readjust it, After readjusting (weird word...), close the window again, don't open anymore windows. restart the computer, (which should save your settings), and see if it worked.

No guarantee it works... just a suggestion
Old 04-22-2004, 05:32 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Thanks, I'll try that before I go out. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 06:17 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

The browser window atomatically sets the size from when last it was closed. You need to manually set the window size you want and then close IE. When restarting it, it should have the size you set. You then need to do the same for new windows. With that I mean open a link in a new window. If it doesn't have the size of the first window (the startup window) manually set the size and close IE. It should be fine after that. Perhaps there is someway to disable this feature in the advance settings.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:55 AM   #5
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Sorry, can't help you on this one, Imelda [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 12:10 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ack!! Don't you dare subtitle me! You're even more obscure than your brother! Exorcise te! Vade retro!

Willow, thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I had tried the manual adjustment (subtitle this, anyone, and I'll be really angry [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and then shutting down IE routine, but maybe I had to reboot as well for it to work. Anyway looks like whatever I did worked, it's back to normal now. [img]smile.gif[/img]