Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2004, 01:49 PM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Rokenn has a good point! I think it's similar here in NY.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:31 PM   #32
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

I see I'm probably too late, but I'm going to repeat what others are saying: call the cops, report it to insurance.

1) Her immaturity isn't YOUR problem, and she needs to learn her lesson.

2) The potential for liability here is HUGE. She could just call the cops and blame YOU for the accident, and YOU would look guilty b/c you didn't report. In fact this happened to me once - I agreed to take cash instead of taking it through insurance, and I hadn't left the scene 15 minutes and they were talking to the police accusing me of everything from drinking to speeding. (fortunately, I got wind of this quickly and was able to prove I wasn't drinking AT ALL and she had a history of lying about this stuff)

3) If she is 100% at fault, you shouldn't have to worry about your rates going up unless no-fault is more of a reality than it is up here.

4) He's asking for an estimate - he's in NO position to demand anything; especially if she isn't insured on that vehicle. If I was in your shoes I'd be saying "Buy my car for $5K, or shut the f*** up and we go through insurance"....and buying a better car.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:02 PM   #33
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I'd keep in mind if you use the insurance you will have no doubts as to getting things fixed honestly and completely, and usually the person reponsible's insurance co. pays for car rentals as well, and you did say you need transport while your car is out. Normally I'd say just let bygones be bygones and take the father's deal, but given the situation, with your car being most likely totalled, I'd play it safe Larry. If this girl has that many points on her license, she probably needs to lose it for a time and take some driving classes anyway, for everyone's sake.

Just my 2c [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-21-2004, 09:20 PM   #34
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I'd tell the father he has 10 hours to come up with $2000.00 Cash money. To cover repairs and my time. If not then in 10 hrs and 5 min I call and report to their ins.company and they can pay anyway and the kid looses lisence and his insurance costs hit the moon, time starts now TICK TICK TICK. NO games, no bull, Pay now or PAY big later no games period.
But its too late now. so I'd call the Insurance company and sue for $5000.00 for pain and suffering and inconvience plus cost of the rental
and cost of repair and replacement of your family transpertation.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:35 PM   #35
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Why would your premiums go up? Didn't she receive a ticket? When I was in that accident last month, my dad told me that (at least here, in NC) if the other person gets ticketed, you premiums shouldn't be effected. Or do they use that no-fault rule over there in Winstom-Salem?
Old 04-22-2004, 12:08 AM   #36
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I think the one fact Larry has excluded so far has been whether the police were even called to the scene in the first place.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 04-22-2004, 12:25 AM   #37
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I am told that as long as a police report exists, there is no reason to have to call within 24 hours, that I have a couple days.
From what I gather, he has.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:36 AM   #38
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Ahh, I missed that part apparently.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 04-22-2004, 12:37 AM   #39
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm.... I was just cleaning out some old paperwork and I came across something from an accident I was in almost three years ago. We were rear-ended, and my wife experienced a stiff neck.

It's a form from the insurance company, reading...

Quote:
When we last spoke, you indicated you were injured and did not seek medical treatment as a result of the accident.

If this is not correct, or if you plan to seek treatment, contact us.
Now, that sounds to me like an insurance company doing a CYA -- you were hurt, you chose not to get treatment, correct? If something happens later as a result of this, we're not going to pay...

Just a thought, Larry. Life is different when you're a parent -- you can't think just about yourself, but about everyone else. And sometimes, it stinks.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.