Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Is it just me? Does anyone else out there have certain clothing they won't wear just because of some little thing?

For instance:

1. I can wear ankle socks, and socks that come up to the knee, but not those socks that land inbetween. I'd go insane with them on, constantly trying to pull them up LOL.

2. What's with all the Sweaters in stores in the winter that have sleeves that stop short right below the elbow? And since its a fuzzy sweater, you can't even wear it when it gets warmer, cause then it's just too hot. I reckon there has to be some perfect temperature to be able to wear those LOL. And people love to get me those for Christmas, of course, and I can't blame em cause I know, have seen, they are everywhere in stores!

3. I have to go to cheap stores to buy tennis shoes/sneakers, cause nowadays going to Foot Locker or some such all you find is $80 and up shoes with a LOT of rubber on the bottom of em LOL. I'm a pretty small gal and I don't need any heavy boats on my feet.

4. I find myself now going to the Salvation Army to buy jeans, even though they are used. Tis the only place I can find ones that fit me. When I was a teen getting a pair of jeans was so easy, 26-27 waist, 29-30 length? Can't remember, as all jean sizes now are size 1 - to - whatever and the label on the back of em say nothing re the size. Some jeans lately I've noticed also are really thin material-wise than they used to be, wear out on the knees for instance quicker, and now some have this tight waist with this big area for I reckon hips, abdomen pouch and butt, then the legs part is slim. Who is built like that LOL? I mean who has this really small waist, but this big ass hips, abdomen and rear end? Again, Salvation Army is my jean heaven LOL, I find some really vintage jeans that are made well and actually fit me. OK, some are too long but they work with a pair of boots just fine LOL.

5. What's with adult mittens? I mean we need to use our fingers, we aren't toddering toddlers LOL, I so don't get those.

6. Oh who here has ever bought one of those toe socks, you know, the ones where you put your toe in an individual sock, errr, spot. I tried it once and it just creeped me out LOL. Just weird having the toes separated LOL.

7. Anyone here wear slippers? See I don't, I'd double up on socks if it got that cold inside before I'd don on a pair of slippers. Just not a slipper fan myself, seems too "old lady" to me LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Would love to hear of yall's clothing pet peeves, things you don't like re certain clothing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-10-2006, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

LZ.... wow.

Err, I don't like Jeans (not warm enough, too heavy), and can't stand sandals (damn hippy instruments!)

Oh, btw, mitts are warmer.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
Arvon
Unicorn

Slippers? I wear UGGS.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
Sir Degrader

Err, Arvon, aren't those for females?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hey sandals are pretty handy Sir Degrader when it is hot as hell and summertime. Now flipflops, that's a different story, hate those bastaids LOL. I hate having to grip my toes every time I walk to keep em on, and inevitably that one toe piece that fits inbetween your big toe and your second toe will rub the skin raw. Best summer footwear to me is a sandal that has straps over the foot and one that fits round your ankle, so you can walk in comfort and feel the summer breeze LOL They are also great for the beach because sometimes the sand gets too hot to walk on, and for those that are sensitive to going in the ocean barefoot LOL (not me). Oh and Sir Degrader, I'm a hippy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-10-2006, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #6
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Err, Arvon, aren't those for females?
Nope! They have both mens and womens styles.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #7
Sir Degrader

Boots>Uggs, and that's all I'll say. Anyways, LZ, really? Ever been to Woodstock?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #8
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Personally, I love my flip flops. They don't rub my foot raw, I don't have to grip me toes to keep them on, and they're quite easy to slip on when I'm in a hurry. Another thing I hate is baggy jeans. I can't stand baggy jeans, I can't stand letting half my ass hang out. I don't like having my pant leg hang below my shoe like I see some people doing. It looks grungy to me. Fleece is another pet peeve. Such it's nice and soft and warm, but I do not like the look of all the tiny itty bitty pieces of lint that can get on it. And white shoes! I go crazy trying to keep them clean! Damn K-Swiss. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I wear slippers on a regular basis in the house. No particular reason, and it's a relatively recent trend for me, but they're lighter than my shoes, and with all the *#$# my kids leave lying around, it's nice not to be stepping on stuff in bare (or sock-covered) feet...

I like the slippers that look like a moccasin. Forget those clog-like things that rely on friction and a centimeter of material behind your heel to hold it in place... I guess those are for people who never actually move [img]smile.gif[/img]

I hate sweaters, sweatshirts, and things like that which don't zip all the way down the front. Forget that half-zipper crap... if I'm going to have to pull this beast over my head, I'll have to pull it all the way anyway.

One thing I've stopped wearing lately is company logo golf shirts. I've got a large collection accumulated over the years, and I've recently decided that they don't present the right image for me at a customer site. They're not professional enough.... back to starched dress shirts for me.

Unless I'm on my time, in which case plain golf shirts or t-shirs are just fine, thank you [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:03 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Fashion belts, what's up with that? I thought a belt was supposed to hold your pants up. I'm not big on baggy jeans either. I don't get it, and don't want to.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote