Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
cav_again
Manshoon

I picked up this game for ten bucks in the "bargain" (bargain my ass) bin about a year ago cause it was a PS One "Greatest Hit" (greatest hit my ass). I had played it when it was new, and it was okay, but I didn't buy it cause: it sucks. so after I bought it, i played it for a few weeks, then I quit playing it cause: it sucks. So I started playing again about a week ago, and I remember why i stopped playing back then: it sucks.

First off, the game is just too damn difficult. I play video games a lot, and I can't think of a game that's given me this much frustration. Maybe I'm at a disadvantage cause I'm an Aires and this game dorks around with that sign compatibility crap? i dunno. there are just too many enemies in each battle, and they are too powerful for my characters (who are pretty strong tehmselves, high 30s to mid 40s in chapter one or two, I don't remember).

Every thing MISSES! attack spells, healing spells, physical attacks, everything. I'll spend four or fiverounds trying to raise a dead ally with my priestess, and eventually he'll turn into a crystal (cause all teh raise dead attempts miss) and the enemies who've been attacking my preistess for teh last few rounds kill her. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME MISSES!

When I use items to heal, it just delays the inevitable, almost as soon as theyuse the item to heal, they're attacked and just lose the HP they just regained.

I have characters who should be just plain awesome:
*A knight with samurai abilities (my main character). He does pretty good physical attacks, but hiw weakness? he pretty much cannot heal (the samurai abilities are weak and don't heal enough) and like I said, every time I try to heal him with my priestess, she MISSES.

*A Lancer with the item ability. also really good with attacking, but like my knight, lots of MISSED attacks and can't really heal; though this is slightly negated by the item ablility, he suffers the item using problem mentioned above.

*A priestess with time magc too, like I said, she's completely useless cuse she can't heal, revive, or haste sh*t. I gave her the teleport ability
theoreticaly, it would be good, cause she could teleport to someone pretty much anywhere and heal. except that she CAN'T heal anyone or anything, and she can't teleport two spaces without it failing.

*A monk with the summon ability. his physical attacks are weak, and so are his summons. also suffers from Cannot-be-healed syndrom.

*an archer with black magic. she should be able to both attack and cast magic from the back row, but her weak-ass (when they do hit) bow attacks almost always MISS, and her relatively weak spells usually MISS too.

the story looks pretty good, but these drawbacks far outweigh even the best story.

And don't tell me this is cause I'm a noob or I don't know how to play, cause I do, and like I said, I've been playing this game for the last 5 or so years (and still haven't beat this peice of sh*t).

I'm done ranting for now, for two reasons.

1) I'm busy contemplating how to destroy this game disc.

2) I HATE COMPUTERS. It's taken me over an hour to type this post, because LITERALY every other word got interrupted by pop-ups. I don't get spam, but I get loads of pop-ups, almost all of tehm for pop up blockers! I know how to stop my pop ups! Firebomb the headquarters of these pop-up blocker companies! that'll take care of 97% of the internets popups.

thanks for listening