Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2003, 11:00 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hahahaha! This was so funny at the time I played it this evening.....

SPOILERS

-------------------

-------------------------

--------------------------

---------------------------

------------------------------

----------------------

I kept hearing everyone say how they had killed Rumgut (to free the dwarf girl) and moved on to other things and thought to myself "EEEF! I'll never manage that, he's HUGE and fierce.... " Don't know how many people have found the other option, but since I did, and it surprised me, thought I'd share.

Well, I played it several ways and finally tried drinking with him(all confrontations led to a dead ranger-elf and Dorna) and of course, with a 12 constitution I lost-- I tried to fake it twice and he caught me so I tried it once and then drank for real the next time I did the scenario and lost again!

That gets you into the cage with Becka, the dwarf girl. While in there, a rat shows up and of course we have to figure out where it came from so my ranger talked to it and found a bolt hole out of the cave... LOL! That's when I cracked up laughing... here I'd expected to have to pick the lock or talk/fight with the giant again and all I had to do was get locked up and chat with a rat! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Gotta love this game!

[ 08-11-2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 08-12-2003, 07:17 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Funny!!! I didn't go through that option, but sounds like a bit of an easter egg backdoor by the folks from Bio.

I just did the boring thing and sneaked past him to steal his keys... [img]redface.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 07:36 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

I failed a persuade check and ended up in the cage as well. After our great escape I thought I'd walk back in and confuse Rumgut, Monkey Island cannibal style, but he was angry and attacked me. I did really like your not having to kill him, that was a nice change [img]smile.gif[/img]

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 09:27 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I just laughed myself silly when I realized we could waltz out a rathole and not face the giant!

HA! Mems, I tried the ol'sneak up and steal the keys thing...my stealth skills just aren't up to snuff, I guess! LOL
Old 08-12-2003, 02:12 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

Many ways to do this quest without violence, matter of fact alot of chapter one can be done without violence. Enemies become allies ,ect. That why I have replayed three times already and will do so again!

SPOILERS

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

HA! I convinced (persuaded) him she would never get as tall as him as he let her go.

My Brother told me he had the dwarf girl slip some nasty powder in his food and Rumgut let her go because he thought she couldn't cook.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:20 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Dang, Chewie! I had that option ( I was carrying choking powder) and it was considered an evil act (you have to tell the girl it won't hurt Rumgut) so I got soft and reloaded and didn't do it! Figures it only gave him indigestion! LOL
Old 08-12-2003, 07:20 PM   #7
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sorry I missed that I spent forever fighting him and after numerous reloads I finally got him,Would have loved to see the rat .This just goes to show you the difference between a quality PC game and a quick release.I'll have to keep an eye out in the future for more of those.Thanks Cloudbringer!
Old 08-12-2003, 08:26 PM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

My li'l Drow cleric did both. Her insight told her that the rat came from somewhere, so we sneaked out with the duegar girl, then we went back and killed Rumgut. Only one reload, too. Clerics - ya gotta love 'em.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:17 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
Sorry I missed that I spent forever fighting him and after numerous reloads I finally got him,Would have loved to see the rat .This just goes to show you the difference between a quality PC game and a quick release.I'll have to keep an eye out in the future for more of those.Thanks Cloudbringer!
You're most welcome, john! Sharing game stories and tips is one of the things that gets us all into IW. Everyone's always so helpful and I've found lots of useful tips and spoilers to rescue me (thus letting me continue the game!) in these forums so I'm glad when I can offer something now and then! [img]smile.gif[/img]