Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2001, 11:42 PM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Does anyone know of a way to get the special roles and keep them weak enough to use in your next playthrough, so that they're not overly powerful? I've wanted to use my Zenmaster and Valkyrie for more than the battle with Cet (I didn't even have my Zenmaster for Cet, got that later. BTW, thanks to all who helped me find the last tome ) I gave them a shot in my new game but they killed EVERYTHING in a single blow. I would like to try it for my next time around if anyone knows a method.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 11:54 PM   #2
Tananda
Elminster

Jafin,
I'm trying now to play with Zenmaster, but do not know a way to weaken him (sorry ). To make a game more balanced I turned all game options to Hard and created a 2-member party (ZenMaster&newly generated character).
Most frequently killed person in this game is that second party-member since Zenmaster casts a lot of area harmful spells But it still is a fun!

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 12:06 AM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I think I figured out a way to get a Zenmaster and Assassin at a considerably weaker state. Just take a level 1 character with a lot of strong characters to the Dojo or Pawnshop (whichever role you're getting) and have them accept the role. I think you could figure out something for Valkyrie but that would be kinda hard, getting a low level character around in Cet's pyramid .

-Jafin
Old 06-01-2001, 12:28 AM   #4
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

yes, Jafin that works. Right now I am playing with group that started as special roles with no changing roles later in the game. I am also limiting my guild hopping which prevents some of my characters from joining a guild or two. The Assassin and the Zen Master were easy. I got to Brimloch Roon and created a portal close to it, then another portal on the Valia side of Ishad N'ah. Then I went back to Valia and created the three characters I wanted. As soon as I left Valia, I teleported to Ishad and repeated the process to Brimloch.

The third character, the Valkyrie, was much more difficult. I went to the pyramid and created a portal just outside. Then I went in and brought out the heart, but did not put it in the Black Fire. I then went back to town and picked up my female first level character. (I let her use all my special rings and bracelets to help protect her.) Then we teleported to the pyramid and entered it long enough for her to throw the heart in. Then we raced out. We did have a couple of fights that we couldn't avoid and she was a 6th level character before she made it back. I suppose I could have just not leveled up, but I didn't think of that at the time.

So I now have an Assassin, a Zen Master and a Valkyrie that all started out as fisrt level.

Good luck if you decide to try it.

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 12:35 AM   #5
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks for the tips Knarfling! I'll give it a shot. The Bracelets and rings sound like a good idea. Maybe some nice armor and weapon too. Let's not forget the protection of the mighty wielder of the Mavin and his/her fellow champions!

-Jafin
Old 06-01-2001, 09:25 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, I could make your characters weak. Yes, very weak indeed! LOL!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote